Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to have picked my new q3 up on Saturday but still waiting on Swansea,as the peronalised plates are off another car,pain in the A _ _ E OR What

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The personalised plate system is a complete joke, it's always a pain when you change cars. I've had many a car delayed with the transfer process, it should be a few clicks nowadays!!

Not great value for the 80 quid transfer fee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Relislab,

Yes the DVLA are a pain, Im picking my car up today and I can't wait!

Anyway whilst negotiating a deal for my Q3 I requested that I have my current private reg put onto retention as I was wanting to have a new plate on my new car, the garage paid the retention fee and dealt with all the paper work as part of the part exchange. The garage have even made up some new plates so when I hand in my part exchange I don't have to do a thing other than drive away with my new car.

Very pleased indeed!

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The annoying thing is have sat in the car,it has the personalised plates fitted and the day i was supposed to pick it up was a lovely spring day,now it will probably rain for the next month.
Edited by: Steve Goose

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sound like a good plan to me Mike

This was my original plan but in the end i put the plate straight on, not quite sure why but the plate adds to the look of the car. Maybe it's because they are so long nowadays.

I think the Q3 has pre drilled fixing holes for the plates, my last car didn't and thanks to stevie wonder fitting they were a nightmare to swap over!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The last few weeks have been great Steve, hope you get a dry one for pickup

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paperwork is finally in so picking up car tomorrow,and you guessed it,torrential rain is forecast,still good test for the quattro in the puddles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't really understand above plates problem - I have on order a Q3 and wanedmy current vehicle's (personal plates )put on it. I merely paid £DVLA 125 for the retention of my plates. Within 2 days I received a new tax disc with a new reg number for my existing car, Also received the relevant document allolwing me to remove my personal plates and have new reg plates made and fitted. Took the form to the Audi dealer who is now ina position to make, fit plates and tax vehicle.Really good service from DVLA.Mal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only cost me £105, that's to remove from old car and put it on reten.
Then few months time I'll stick my plate on......once everyone knows its a 13 plate lol.
A few different ways on doing it but I always do it like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts