Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The November issue of CAR magazine has a one page brief review of the new Q3. What they basically say is that Audi have created a clinically perfect SUV with no personality or driving pleasure. Also for the 2.0TFSI 227BHP S-Tronic Quattro they are saying that this will be approximately £39,000.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like the super detailed reviews of Autogefuhl, I think that might be the ultimate review to watch before you commit to test drive and buy. Possibly better than a test drive which is usually quick and not very comprehensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, new member and a regular viewer to the forum for many years (although the new format is a little different?).

A Q3 owner for over 5 years. First Q3 was an S line and the second one Q3 FL S line+. Both great cars and now looking at the 2019 model. Been invited to an Audi loyalty event with allegedly great deals on the new all Audi models including the 2019 Q3 S line.

Looking for a little help. Had a quick look at the new S line. Positives - Cockpit looks flashy although easily marked and the sliding rear seats is a plus. Negatives: Back to the old parcel shelf, seems a small rear seat now extra pockets added each side and the interior quality seems missing (whether that is because I have been spoilt with the FL S line+?). What's bugging me is what else has it on offer for the increased price?

Also, although it is a new launch there seems to be good discounts already - Is this saying something please share you views before I take the plunge? Help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 2017 Q3 S-line TFSI Quattro. I had a long look at a new Q3 S-line 45 TFSI Quattro. The new Q3 is an excellent car for new buyers. However, as an upgrade to the old Q3, I felt that the differences are too small to justify changing especially when you consider the price differential. There are 3 or 4 competitors with equivalent quality and functionality but in my opinion, as a package, you can't go far wrong with Audi, warts and all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looked in at Poole Audi a few days ago to get some screenwash. Seeing the new Q3 in the showroom I thought that I would just have a quick peek before I take a test drive later in the month.
Now, I have a back problem and a recently replaced right hip and find it really difficult getting in and out of low slung cars or, cars with a low roofline (most non Q range Audi’s). I was surprised to find that I couldn’t even get my head into the new Q3, whereas my current F/L model is reasonably easy. Those few millimetres taken out of the roofline have really made a difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, I note on the Audi configurator that a change of spec in some options i.e. comfort and sound pack option, folding door mirrors included now (probably due to increase in price?) etc..

Also, an Edition 1 added. Again, higher cost. I wonder what the cost will be for the Sportback?

Any comments, especially on the launched Edition 1 model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looked in at Poole Audi a few days ago to get some screenwash. Seeing the new Q3 in the showroom I thought that I would just have a quick peek before I take a test drive later in the month.
Now, I have a back problem and a recently replaced right hip and find it really difficult getting in and out of low slung cars or, cars with a low roofline (most non Q range Audi’s). I was surprised to find that I couldn’t even get my head into the new Q3, whereas my current F/L model is reasonably easy. Those few millimetres taken out of the roofline have really made a difference.

I take back what I said about access to the new shape Q3. I tried a 2019 Sport and it was fine, better than my old 2015 F/L Q3 to get in and out of. However, the 1.5 engine and 7 speed auto box are not a match for the smoothness of the1.4 and 6 speed auto of the old car.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Interesting...

It could be to do with the seat positioning. When I first saw a Q3 in the showroom I climbed in and promptly climbed out again, finding the seat impossibly high and awkward (coming from a Jaguar X-Type). The salesdroid apologised, dived in and adjusted the seat, saying the previous punter to sit in it was only 4' 10" and he hadn't had a chance to readjust it. The range of seat adjustment is staggering and I'd say it's well nigh impossible for anyone to feel uncomfortable in one - certainly the original, I can't speak for the 2019 evolution yet.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My only gripe with pretty much every car is the steering wheel range isn’t as good as the seat so, to get my long thighs in, the wheel is a tad further away than I like. Been like it for ever though.
I am as comfy as I can be in the Q3 and my wife prefers it hugely over the over-hard X3.
The Santa Fe we are lumbering round Canada in at the moment is ok but a tad on the lardy bum soft side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased the new 2019 Q3 228 HP / 2.0L and found this site. What I don't like is acceleration from dead stop is sluggish, no apparent way to check oil level without automated alert(s)? and lane change warning feature is too strong it somewhat defeats the purpose as overly aggressive steering wheel response. I assume that can be de-activated? What I do like is the interior design, overall build quality. seats are comfortable and sturdy. suspension and handling is superb, paint quality is quite impressive and overall value for the money. Parallel parking in tight spaces is a breeze also in urban crowded streets.

Couple things I noted that helped. When using top quality fuel (in U.S. that is 91 octane) that substantially improved performance and acceleration. Although 87 octane is okay per the manual it does not perform at its best. I would rather pay a bit more in fuel costs for the better performance. Also install high flow BMC air filter, this was very minor improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Be handy if you added your location to your profile. Sounds like it must be the US, but confirmation would be good.

UK petrol is 95 octane as a minimum with some people preferring to use 98 octane super (or even 101, where available) for cars with higher performance engines. So it's not an issue that surfaces here much, though some do claim that 98/101 does offer better performance than plain 95 (especially if the 95 is a cheap supermarket brand).

The other aspect is whether you're talking about acceleration in regular D mode or Sport mode. I think the consensus of all the reviews I've seen (have a 45 TFSI SB on provisional order but delivery is probably ~8 weeks away) is that acceleration in D is not what you'd expect, though improved in S and if you really need off-the-line performance then the paddles need to be used. Personally, I'm not too bothered about how quickly the car moves off from rest, my interest is much more about mid-range acceleration for overtaking.

·
Registered
413 Posts
TFSI although self adjusting to lower grade gasoline fuels greatly benefit from 95+ octane. I'd recommend you stick with premium high octane fuel. In EU that is usually 98 or more.

So, have they have removed the dipstick, interesting...

What is that colour on your Q3 ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correct I'm based in U.S. Color is Nano Gray, similar to the Nardo Gray color but several shades darker. Yes I always use Dynamic mode which is nice it stays fixed every time you start up that way. I may have figured out how to de-activate the lane warning alert. Others have told me this is the dipstick (on left) but not so sure seems like very few on any Audi forums have the 2019's yet. Absolutely I will be sticking with the high octane fuel well worth the extra money.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts