Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking to order a new 177bhp TDI S-Tronic but noticed yesterday on the Audi website a 140bhp version is now showing as a possible model in the near future - anyone know any more?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Have also just noticed it on the Audi Q3 configurator. No specs mentioned other than the price which is £27410, or £940 cheaper than the 177bhp TDi S Tronic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - have just finished a Three day test drive with a 177 S-Tronic S-Line Diesel Q and am very impressed - not going to order yet as DAB Radio now not available - needs to be sorted before order is placed!

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
So was I, but I've been proved wrong before...

·
Registered
518 Posts
There are no performance/emissions/fuel figures yet published on the 2.0 140bhp Quattro STronic. Looking at the catalogue, however, shows virtually no difference in performance figures, between manual and STronic versions of the 177bhp Quattro. Comparing fuel consumptions of the 140bhp and 177bhp manual quattros shows remarkably similar consumptions (overall the 177bhp is marginally better). Therefore it is likely that the fuel consumption of the new 140bhp Quattro Stronic should be very similar to the 177bhp version.So all in all, for a price saving of £940, you get poorer performance and similar fuel economy. Seems a no brainer imho, but perhaps the new version is geared to corporate buyers

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think it's about time you can get any gearbox, engine combo you want. When i bought a year ago the choice was limited. I would spent the extra for some more oomph myself but then again others may be tempted to get the amazing sunroof or a holiday and no bother.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Agreed, Reilsab, that is a fair point. Also the lower powered version should have lower insurance and road tax costs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts