Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks Chaps, apologies if the post was misleading - wanted to share the thought process to a logical conclusion.

TheJam, Sepang Blue remains my all time favourite Audi colour - aside from the 1st RSQ3 I had a SQ5 in that colour too...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Love a Sepang Blue Audi as well. Aside from my RS, I've had a Q5 in Sepang. Unfortunately the car's looks didn't live up to the vehicle shown in all of Audi's literature (S Line with Black Pack).......and strangely enough, my dealer's sales manager supported my opinion and, quite frankly, put Audi UK back in their box. Other owners of the same Q5 trim had the same issue. Good exchange of views and advice on a Q5 forum, which shows the benefit of these forums.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congratulations, and can I say welcome to the Dayton club. I hope you enjoy the F3 as much as I do.

All joys,

Mike

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks Mike! Collection day moved forward to Friday (23rd) this week - managed to get an Autoglym Lifeshine inside and out job embedded in the deal too - will save me a job for a couple of years. Weather forecast isn't too bad for the back-end of the week either.

Reactions: TheJam and DavidS

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats, John. Surprised you're changing again so soon. I've only had a sit in the new one but not driven it and found the interior more modern and yet a bit too plastic fantastic for my liking. 🙊

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks Simon, I have no valid reason for changing really, the RSQ3 Performance is a properly epic vehicle, this one came up at the right money and I fancied a change. The 2020 RSQ3 Std model is very similar spec-wise to our 8U versions, i.e. Advance Key/Side Assist/Lane departure/LED headlights/Dynamic rear lights, just a bit more modern - truthfully at the money and the full factory warranty for 5 years/90,000 miles it doesn't feel like a crazy thing to do. Have found a company in the west mids that does proper caliper off/sandblast/repaint/decals/clear lacquer as I do like the tarty red bits - the only bit I'll change - and another Cete AVC (if this turns out to have a valved exhaust - no one seems to know for the non Sports Exhaust).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Come on John we are waiting for beast pictures.
I hope everything goes well.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
710 Posts
He’s busy getting through his first tank of petrol on a quick 150 mile drive. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks Simon, I have no valid reason for changing really, the RSQ3 Performance is a properly epic vehicle, this one came up at the right money and I fancied a change. The 2020 RSQ3 Std model is very similar spec-wise to our 8U versions, i.e. Advance Key/Side Assist/Lane departure/LED headlights/Dynamic rear lights, just a bit more modern - truthfully at the money and the full factory warranty for 5 years/90,000 miles it doesn't feel like a crazy thing to do. Have found a company in the west mids that does proper caliper off/sandblast/repaint/decals/clear lacquer as I do like the tarty red bits - the only bit I'll change - and another Cete AVC (if this turns out to have a valved exhaust - no one seems to know for the non Sports Exhaust).
So is the old CETE for sale? :p

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hi Simon, Ju asked the very same question! It went with the car, 'The Phirm' down in Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey installed it for me and went out of their way to make it OEM invisible - so the control box (size of a matchbox) was buried inside a wiring loom, I think in the right-rear 1/4 panel - wasn't just a case of nipping out and removing it, it needed finding having been installed so as to be not found.

I note that the F3 version is completely different, appearing to be a pair of block plugs that installed up near the driver's footwell.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts