Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the (removeable) rear near side inner boot panel - the one with the recess in - with the net going across it (must have the net please). I appreciate this is a long shot, but if you don't ask.....LOL.

Actually all I need is the wire frame and the net, but happy to consider the complete panel.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spike!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!
I've re-done the link to the net (still worth going to Gromit's thread though), as there are 2 the same size on their site, model FE001 and FE002 - the difference is in the way the net is attached. After looking carefully at the nets, I believe FE001 is the one to go for (the difference being the way the net is attached to the frame - the FE002 model has some small metal crimps holding it to the bungee, whereas the FE001 is stitched)Link to the FE001 model attachedhttp://www.nets4you.com/storage-nets/elasticated-frame-net/elasticated-frame-net-dark-blue-30cm-x-19-5cm.html

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Yup, that's the one. Best mod I ever implemented and still looking good after nearly three years of carrying a surprising amount of stuff behind it. As you see, it's an utter doddle to do, too.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant find Gromit - how you found that is anyone's guess but I'm glad you did as that recess otherwise is pretty useless!

Surprisingly you can't buy the net from Audi. They don't sell it separately, only on new builds as part of the luggage (or is it storage) package. I've spent some time with my local Audi parts guy, and also on the phone with Audi customer service and they both confirmed that you can't buy the OEM bits to do it - which makes your find even better

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I can confirm Gromit's net mod works great, BTW the recess is to allow a set of golf clubs laying across the trunk area...who knew the Germans were so keen on Golf?

·
Registered
630 Posts
That recess takes the point end of my gunbags and lets me get them in across the boot. Otherwise they have to go diagonally or I have to drop a seat back.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Useful information for any professional <strike>hitmen</strike> sportsmen on the forum.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks chaps, I ought to do that net conversion too....and for Snapshot I'm fortunate in that the chap that originally spec'd my RS went for the diamond stitch seats and that means it got through-load as standard

For fun and because my shooting pals are always indulging in leg pulling when I had the private plates made up I had the words 'Perazzi Carriage' added to the bottom of the plate....not strictly legal as there is no makers postcode shown

For those that are curious, mine is a DSR:http://www.perazzihpxshotguns.com/

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Gromit said:
Useful information for any professional <strike>hitmen</strike> sportsmen on the forum.
Don't be silly, everyone knows a Remington ESR breaks down to enable carriage in a standard HumVee seat locker

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very impressed with the service from nets4you - ordered past working hours Thursday evening on a 48 hour delivery and it got delivered early this afternoon bu Yodel. Only thing that didn't come with the net was screws, but I knew I kept those old MFI cabinet screws for something....LOL
So all fitted and very impressed. Moulded the frame to the shape of the recess, turned all the clips around (so the screws would show on the inside), a few bits of plastic pipe to put across the screw threads (to stop me catching them if I take the cover off again) - and job done. As good as, if not better than the Audi one for sure!

·
Registered
594 Posts
RSQ3John said:
Thanks chaps, I ought to do that net conversion too....and for Snapshot I'm fortunate in that the chap that originally spec'd my RS went for the diamond stitch seats and that means it got through-load as standard

For fun and because my shooting pals are always indulging in leg pulling when I had the private plates made up I had the words 'Perazzi Carriage' added to the bottom of the plate....not strictly legal as there is no makers postcode shown

For those that are curious, mine is a DSR:http://www.perazzihpxshotguns.com/
You will have to change the plate for the MOT. I had a vehicle fail for not displaying the postcode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have to agree with Hawkeye, nets4you were great. Also ordered Thursday and had Saturday delivery, by Yodel. Fitted this morning in half an hour, including drinking tea. Hardest part was pressing the button to shut the boot!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hah! So glad I looked at this topic. The recess is an almost complete waste of space without a net to hold stuff.
Excellent service from Nets4You.co.uk, pity about Yodel.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Thanks Gromit didn't realize I wanted one till I saw the post! Great addition.?

·
Registered
112 Posts
As a complete numpty when it comes to DIY, I decided that today was the day to fit the net. Less than 3 minutes actual screwing time but, 10 minutes picking the No. 6 x 1/2" screws up after dropping them time after time. It's great fun this getting old.

·
Registered
64 Posts
£29.38 including delivery to the North of Scotland - not such a good price now?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree the postage seems a bit of a rip off. It has stopped me doing this project.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me either. Give them a call and query it. Postage to a sample postcode in Perth & Kinross (PH1 1AA) came out @ £4.99, giving a total inc. VAT of £20.98.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts