Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My comment on the Start/Stop system seemed to initiate a member of interesting comments. My Q3has the standard Nav system. However unless I am missing something in the manual any stored destination you enter you don't seem to be able to delete them which is a bit annoying. You can amend them but why can you not simply delete saved destinations if no longer required?

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Hmm... that's an interesting one. Leave it with me and I'll investigate - there's got to be a way of clearing them, when you sell the beast if nothing else.

I'm on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can't you go into the menu, car or?, and choose which settings to put to factory default? One of them is for navigation. This should clear all navigation settings you added or changed, not just last destinations.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Right, got it.

The nav destinations are stored in the Directory - same place as telephone numbers. On the MMI, select TEL, then Directory. Locate the entry you want to remove and press the knob to select it, then scroll down off the screen and you'll see the option to delete entry appear. Press the knob to select it and you're all done.

Simples.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gommit
Thanks for that yes it works. However to access the directory you have to activate the Bluetooth on your Q3 and the mobile phone. Being retired I do not use this very often. Could you access the directory if you never use the Bluetooth function? Also Audi should refer to this under navigation section!

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
I honestly don't know I'm afraid - I have Bluetooth permanently enabled - but I'd have thought you would be able to. As to your point about the manual, I agree entirely - the manuals are unnecessarily complicated and very confusing.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The Addresses are stored against the Bluetooth profile - so Ken is right, you need to be connected to Bluetooth, using the phone that was connected when you saved it, to see and/or delete it...

It's a pain -and I remember being most confused when I first got the car, I connected my work Blackberry via Bluetooth, and entered a load of destinations, which then disappeared the first time I went out in the car on a weekend, with my personal iPhone connected.... Of course, you can also save destinations without Bluetooth connections, and then they appear regardless of the phone connected....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
As to your point about the manual, I agree entirely - the manuals are unnecessarily complicated and very confusing.

I agree in most car manuals you get the layout dashboardin both RHD & LHD same with the engine layout.

In addition you finddisplay photo'snumber layout of buttons yet the menu telling you what they do can be a couple pages away

I still enjoy reading car manual's from cover to cover when I get a new car.
Edited by: puddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts