Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the domestic upheaval of booking the Q3 into the dealer - has anyone else experienced loss of some entries - especially "home" - on the satnav ?
Several times now I've got to a destination and then sought "home" in the "Favourites" only to find the entry has dissappeared.
New entries are made strictly as per instructions and it indicates shows they are 'saved'. Yet in some random manner some entries are lost, particulalry "home".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I have not checked this myself yet, but I believe the Nav favourites are saved against the current profile as determined by which bluetooth phone is connected. Have you had multiple bluetooth connections active at all?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, I have experienced that a couple of times. At first, one doubts oneself (did I press save?), but then, suspecting an error on my part, I input my home address absolutely correctly, and it subsequently disappeared. I reinput it now and all appears ok

·
Registered
613 Posts
As Ivyleaf says - you can have multiple "homes" if you have multiple phones!
When I first got the car, I connected my work phone, and put loads of addresses as favourites... but then the first time I went out with my own phone connected, I had the same panic moment!
It seems the Recent destinations are kept - so re-saving is not too bad.
I have just noticed that you can have Blue pins and Red pins on the map for Business and Private destinations too....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who've replied.
Useful comments about Bluetooth pairing - hadn't thought of that.
In fact SWMBO has recently changed her mobile phone & carrier so that might be the answer and I'll investigate further.
T'was her who first complained about loss of "Home" destination before she changed her phone. I then found "Home" had gone but my Bluetooth Sony phone would have then been connected. She then changed her phone and .........so it went on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts