Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here who makes regular use of the app having incorrect messages sent to their smart phone ?
Case in Q is my car is sat 50miles away outside the dealer in Inverness after an oil service, I am collecting it on Wed morning. The app shows the car is unlocked, everything else closed. Service people have rechecked that the car is locked (as I expected), can anyone come up with an explanation for this incorrect message ?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have had this happen when the car is parked in my drive and the app tells me that it is unlocked and the tailgate is open. This is a bug and the only way of clearing it is to unlock the car, open the tailgate, close the tailgate then lock the car again. I have found no way of resetting this condition remotely.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I had a message recently to say the App had updated to version 4.0 last week. Are you chaps on the same release? If not then a trip the app store is called for....

·
Registered
937 Posts
I got version 4 sometime last week. Its okay, does the job but not rocket science. Yes, I have had the fault on both old and new versions. I think there is a condition in the cars firmware which causes this type of fault to occur.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Car firmware - yeah, most likely - mine has behaved so far.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yes, but you have the upmarket version :)

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a message recently to say the App had updated to version 4.0 last week. Are you chaps on the same release? If not then a trip the app store is called for....
Hi John, one of the first things I did was a deinstall and re, after about 90 mins the car was showing locked. Mm, don't trust it really. Thanks anyway for your comment.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Thanks Mike, we have lived through the iterations of the App, each successively enhanced over it's predecessor but still not 100% perfect and as mwcltd has suggested it is probably dependent on data rec'd from the car itself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John, after your last response it occurred to me that the problem may lie with the mobile network. The car did eventually show 'lock'. Here in this locality it is not unusual to get a text/data message perhaps 2 to 3 hrs after it was sent. Perhaps therein lies the answer. However I remain sceptical.
Off now to part with £264 of my hard earned, tax paid, income to pay for the oil service :cry:

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Off now to part with £264 of my hard earned, tax paid, income to pay for the oil service :cry:
Mike
£264? At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask eh? Mind you in 2021 they all be wearing the things....:devilish:

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone here who makes regular use of the app having incorrect messages sent to their smart phone ?
Case in Q is my car is sat 50miles away outside the dealer in Inverness after an oil service, I am collecting it on Wed morning. The app shows the car is unlocked, everything else closed. Service people have rechecked that the car is locked (as I expected), can anyone come up with an explanation for this incorrect message ?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine regularly shows unlocked or windows open. Son-in-law has the same problem with his Discovery. We have perhaps got too much technology buzzing around now.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wait until we get driverless cars. I'm going to open up a body shop.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Must admit that whilst loving the car I have been completely underwhelmed by the My Audi app.

I used the “Mercedes Me” app with my last 3 MBs and could get information as varied as long and short term fuel consumption and tyre pressures from it. Basically pretty much everything that shows in the Audi DIS and then some including the lock/unlock feature. Whilst you can see if you look that your Audi is unlocked and then lock it, with the MB app it would proactively tell you the car was unlocked after a certain amount of time.

It even told me that my last car had suffered from a “bump” whilst sat in Blackbushe Airfield though thankfully that was after I had part-ex’d it and hadn’t yet deleted the app 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
937 Posts
It is obvious that the MB app is more mature than the Audi one. My view is that if you can see it from the drivers seat then you should be able to see it from the app.

Reactions: Perusal

·
Registered
66 Posts
MyAudi app (iOS version) updated to 4.0.1 4 weeks ago. And it mentions bug fixes. Maybe it’s better ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have the new myAudi app installed. I have parked my Q3 at various locations away from the house and it works every time. I assume that it would warn me if someone broke in to it then I can track the Q3. Am I being over optimistic?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On my experiencer, a tad optomistic. As I mentioned earlier I think, but not proven, that the quality of the network coverage and polling may have a sizeable impact on the veracity of what you get reported.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts