Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a rear-end collision yesterday. I was hit from behind by a Mini. The driver behind me had not noticed our lane had come to a standstill while he was looking over the shoulder for a lane shift. As a result he hit my Audi from behind at about 40-50 kmh. Everyone was ok but I think it is fair to say the score ended 1-0 in favor of the Q3.
I got the car in mid December 2012 and so far I have had my plates stolen and been in a collision (this one) – both firsts.

The shop said only the plastic bumper parts need changing – keeping my fingers crossed. Thankfully the guy in the mini took full responsibility (as he should).

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
WOW!!!!! (but that sucks
)
Fortunate you are a-okay.

That's a good result: Q3 vs. Mini 1:knock out!

I'll Post it on my Blog if you do not mind.

But, be careful it's not uncommon that the part behind your rear bumper is damaged to. If noticed after the repair, or when you sell it, it'll cost you much more. And, if it is damaged, it's less strong when you need it to be strong in the future (hope not necessary).

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi thomas
What a shamefor you , butglad to hear no one was hurt. Amazing the mini is wrecked and you have a scuffed bumber cover!
Just goes to show Audis really arebuilt of granite.

Tony

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Man that's bad luck Thomas, i hope you get it fixed soon. I would insist on an Audi approved bodyshop to maintain the warranties, etc. I had an accident in Jan, the Audi bodyshop made a fantastic job but not having the car for 2 weeks was depressing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts