Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, it took so long to post pictures. I use an ipad and the forum required a computer to upload.Long and short, I received the car at the back end of June, after an agonising wait since April 3rd. I didn't order DAB but it came fitted (as pictured), but strangely I have no spare wheel, so I have a weird MY12 , MY13 Hybrid!!!I'm averaging 37.5 Mpg, but have been a bit heavy on the right foot, my best run as pictured above was Stoke on Trent to Coventry, with average speed for big chunk of M6 keeping me at 50 and that run got 57.5mpg.Things I love on the car, electric lumbar support, I average 600 miles per week, very useful. Ipod red cable get cover art and playlists keeps music in check. General comfort level of ride is really good. The DRL look amazing and must have an air of aggression as people tend to move out of the lane as I drive (not aggressively) behind them on motorways.Bad points - not many but :Don't choose black if you live in a Hard Water area, after cleaning if the water is not dried by hand it leave white rings on the car that take a lot to polish out.Voice activated phone is a bit frustrating, small gripe but I have one number programed in for home, I say home and then it asks me to choose the correct line from MMI, but there is only one choice so just dial it!!!!BBC Iplayer on the screen from iphone. I posted this when I got it and a few people said they couldn't get it to work, I then struggled for about a month to get it on the screen again. I have now discovered, if you back up through the media menu to video, select a video you have on the iphone, thenwhilst that is playing go into the BBC iplayer and select your program it will work on thescreen.Also banged my head twice on tailgate, little low when open and sharp as ****, but I have learnt to avoid this!!Brilliant car absolutely love it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Can't wait to try that BBC iPlayer tip...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Crem0 can you get Wase sat Nav on sceen I can get the directions thought the speakers but not the screen

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I too can only get waze through speakers when media is chosen. Even if it did come out on screen the q3 turns off the screen when moving if a video is being displayed, so not sure if will ever work. Tv catch up and sky go don't. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi Cremo.

You answered a recent request by me to Gromit and thanks. Up until a year ago I had a Q7 with black paint, I also had considerable trouble avoiding marks on the surface after washing. I had never considered this could be down to hard water. With this in mind I have ordered a white Q3. Maybe a water softener in the water would help. I went on to buy a top of the range ford, butonce an Audi driver always an Audi driver........

·
Registered
257 Posts
I guess there is no point in going over old ground as I already posted and had a heated debate in another thread on this Q3 forum.
So at the risk of sounding like a broken record and incurring the wrath of the forum.
But all of you ..... please stop using water to wash your cars and then complain about it being such hard work.

I've used waterless car wash on all my cars for the last 5 years.
My currentSAAB and Toyota still look like they came out the showroom yesterday.

When my Q3 arrives it to will absolutely never see a bucket of water, no white rings, blobs, streaks, only deep shine in the time takes you to find and unroll the hose
Edited by: nickkr

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi John

Good move on the white colour, the white marks aren't as bad this time of year as the water drys more naturally, but the heatwave we had in July caused mayhem.

If your picking white, it may be worth a further look around the forum about white paint flaking on rear bumper, it hasn't effected many people, but I few posts have appeared. Most don't notice it until they see the pics on here and I believe Audi sort it if you show it to them early on.

The car is brilliant, hope you feel the same when you get it.

Cremo

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Hi John,

Good choice - I'm sure you'll love it when it arrives.

All you have to do to keep water marks off when washing the car is to towel it off. Get a microfibre cloth of suitable size (Halfords stock them) and you'll find it's as good as a chamois leather and a lot quicker and easier. You don't have to rub it bone dry, just lose the water droplets and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi Cremo.

Many thanks for your advise, will check rear bumper on new car. This forum has been so useful to me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi Gromit. Good advise I will get a large micro cloth.This forum is the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts