Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just wanted to say hi, I've recently picked up my Q3,it's 2.0 tdi 177 se s tronic in glacier white.
I'm really pleased with the car,I've had a Q5 and this is just a good if not slightly better.
The fuel concussion is great ,on a run we got 60.1 and on the school run it's 45 mpg.

I've not seen any on the road,so it's nice having one as they are a rare site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I'm really pleased we have the glacier white,it really suits the Q3,we have always had black cars and this makes a nice change,car seems bigger in the white than the black ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,i was begining to get slightly worried by some of the posts on here,but to day had the news mines in the country , HOORAY..i suppose its a port on the east coastwhere they are shipped to,ordered early nov , so i suppose not bad, and i should think it will be with dealer by end of next week,say 23rd, i suppose ill have to wait til frid 30th to take delivery cos dont want to waste a whole months road tax....does any body know can you take del on the 30th march but tax run from sun 1st april ?white seems a popular col....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I'm not sure how to do it to be honest,will have a word with the wife she is more of a whizz with sort of thing,when we have tried on other forums it always says picture to big,have you any pointers.
Thanks louis

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi graham1, Congratulations, bet you were well pleased with the arrival news! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
There was a vehicle carrier (Tenerife Car) that arrived into Sheerness at 1:34AM (UTC) this morning direct from Barcelona and guess your Q3 was on that.Appreciate you have waited since Nov, but what is a month's road tax, £9.58?..... go on, get the car as soon as you can and forget the month end, like the old saying...you could be dead tomorrow, so go and enjoy!!

p.smy Q3is unfortunately, still in Spain and will probaly be sat there until Tenerife Car gets back again next week sometime!

·
Registered
264 Posts
graham1 said:
Hi all,i was begining to get slightly worried by some of the posts on here,but to day had the news mines in the country , HOORAY..i suppose its a port on the east coastwhere they are shipped to,ordered early nov , so i suppose not bad, and i should think it will be with dealer by end of next week,say 23rd, i suppose ill have to wait til frid 30th to take delivery cos dont want to waste a whole months road tax....does any body know can you take del on the 30th march but tax run from sun 1st april ?white seems a popular col....
the dealer can tax the car for twelve months and one week . I used to have newaudis every 6 months in my job and if i arrived towards the end of the month it was always taxed for 12 months plus what was left off that month ie 1 - 2 or 3 weeks .so ask the dealer about it

·
Registered
189 Posts
Louis said:
Hi
I'm not sure how to do it to be honest,will have a word with the wife she is more of a whizz with sort of thing,when we have tried on other forums it always says picture to big,have you any pointers.
Thanks louis
If you get stuck let me know!

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is my new Q3 having its first Snow foam clean.
Iwill post some pictures when its clean on a nice day

·
Registered
485 Posts
Looks good in snow foam. When mine arrives it will get the same treatment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are the benefits of this?

How often would you recommend this treatment?

I have ordered my Q3 with AutoGlym - LifeShine

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dan said:
What do you use for the snow foam?
Do you need a special attachment on the hosepipe or pressure washer?
You need a special attachment for your pressure washer along with the Snow foam cleaning liquid.Many car detailing suppliers will stock both items along with the appropriate attachment for your pressure washer. ebay has plenty of them on offer but I purchased mine from http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/snow-foam/magifoam.htmlThe foam has a very nice light Banana smell.

·
Registered
130 Posts
bhavesh said:

The foam dwells on the car softening and lifting the dirt allowing easier cleaning and hopefully less scratches from the grit in the dirt etc.I use this type of product as often as I can to hopefully prolong paintwork damage from grit etc as mentioned above.I have had AutoGlym - LifeShine on my last 3 new cars and personally I think the paint stays fresher for longer but I do take good care of the paintwork etc by regular cleaning and polishing with the AutoGlym products. One I like at the moment is theAqua wax as it can be applied as you dry the car off. http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=HJ&Range=1Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks this is very good to know!

Thanks for recommending the product too! I will purchase one and have it ready for when my Q3 arrives :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
My last car was treated with AutoGlym "Lifeshine" as will my Q3, but this from AutoGlym is making me think twiceabout snow foam.

"The LifeShine warranty is provided with a page of terms and conditions. This states that 'The following will invalidate this warranty: Neglect or lack of reasonable care and cleaning procedures, contrary to standards recommended in Car Care - An Expert Guide. Specific damage caused by use of non-Autoglym products'. This should be taken into account when using non Autoglym products to snow foam a vehicle"

·
Registered
61 Posts
S Line said:
bhavesh said:

The foam dwells on the car softening and lifting the dirt allowing easier cleaning and hopefully less scratches from the grit in the dirt etc.I use this type of product as often as I can to hopefully prolong paintwork damage from grit etc as mentioned above.I have had AutoGlym - LifeShine on my last 3 new cars and personally I think the paint stays fresher for longer but I do take good care of the paintwork etc by regular cleaning and polishing with the AutoGlym products. One I like at the moment is theAqua wax as it can be applied as you dry the car off. http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=HJ&Range=1Hope this helps a little.
This has helped me a lot, thanks.I was wondering if anyone used this treatment, and what the results were like. I have a Bosch clic 125 pressure washer which I have just bought. It has a built in detergent chamber and the lance has a swivel head to select low pressure feed for the detergent pick up. Do you use the same or will I need to purchase a special bottle for the lance. I bought AutoGlym presssure washer cleaner form Halfords on a buy on get one free deal but it does not produce the affect of the snow foam shown in your pics which look amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts