Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I found the time to share.

pekX2toEdited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
485 Posts
Great pictures. I am just mourning the loss of my Tiguan, as I sold it yesterday and there is a void in the drive.

I have ordered the Monsoon grey SE and it is not due until September, so your pics have cheered me up! Now we just will have to manage with my wifes A1 for a month or so until it arrives.

I see you have Pirelli tyres fitted. I rate these tyres and hope that Audi are still using them as a supplier.

·
Registered
264 Posts
very nice like the colour and trim combination

·
Registered
264 Posts
SETIG said:
Great pictures. I am just mourning the loss of my Tiguan, as I sold it yesterday and there is a void in the drive.

I have ordered the Monsoon grey SE and it is not due until September, so your pics have cheered me up! Now we just will have to manage with my wifes A1 for a month or so until it arrives.

I see you have Pirelli tyres fitted. I rate these tyres and hope that Audi are still using them as a supplier.
hi setig II have an S E and that came with pirelli verde tyres on it , so you may get what you want .ps just worked your name out tiguan / SE very clever

·
Registered
111 Posts
The grey does look good especially with the leather seats. Picking my Amalfi baby up on 1 September and can't wait

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folks, thanks for the comments. SETIG, I'm glad that the pictures cheered you up. I originally chose Glacier White but because of the long wait the dealer asked me my second choice, and it was Monsson Grey. Turns out there was a unit avilable.

Actually I think I made a very good choice, I think Monsoon Grey is better than Glacier White

·
Registered
84 Posts
Regarding tyres on the Q3 mine has Michelin Latitude Sport fitted. In the standard 235/55x17 Michelin have only recently made that pattern in that size. In the Audi showroom I have seen that same size in the Goodyear Excellence. My observation would be they are using a range of manufactures now. Apologies for being so sad as to notice that sort of thing.
I like my Monsoon Grey car as well. I thought at one time I might like the Cobalt Blue but it is a very dark blue when I saw one one the metal.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Notice you went for the wood inserts too - first time I've seen them on another Q3!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jules said:
Notice you went for the wood inserts too - first time I've seen them on another Q3!
Yes, it looks good with Fine Nappa Leather.Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tyreman you are right about the mixture of tyre manufacturers as mine came with Continentals.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Colour is always a difficult choice and a personal one. Our A1 is in Amalfi and my wife would not let me have the same colour on my Q3. Our last car was black, so that ruled black out and having had most colours except the dark grey (monsoon) before it appeared a good choice. I actually saw a Q5 in the showroom in Monsoon and liked that which helped in our decision.

Having seen the pictures I am sure I have made a good choice. Now I wonder just what make of tyres it will come with?

·
Registered
613 Posts
True - the colours for the Q3 range are a bit weak in my opinion - I had a similar dilemma - Wife's car is white, my last car was black!

No Red, No Green, only one shade of Blue - and certainly not a fan of the Bright Orange... So I went for Caribou Brown - with the matching/contrasting brown/beige interior and some slabs of wood!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice photos. Not seen the guards for the windows before, quite interested in these, can I ask how much? I've order an s line in Daytona which should be due in September ( was originally July!). Like your colour, am yet to see any descent shots in Daytona.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
audidriver4ever said:
What's you opinion about the ride with the 18 inchers? And. do you have Drive Select on board to?
Hi,
I do not have drive select but I believe the ride is very comfortable with hardly any jolts with the 18-inch wheels. However, the road condition in Japan is very good so I cannot say for sure how the wheels will perform under rough conditions.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Windy said:
Nice photos. Not seen the guards for the windows before, quite interested in these, can I ask how much? I've order an s line in Daytona which should be due in September ( was originally July!). Like your colour, am yet to see any descent shots in Daytona.
It"s Y33,600 (GBP 275; $430), catalogue price. Fortunately I got it for free. Other freebies I got include active lane assist and chrome trim plus aluminum roof rails
Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Windy said:
Cheers, can't find any ref to these or many other q3 kit on the net.
The side visor (window guard) is a common accessory in Japanese cars so this may only available in Audi Japan. please ask your dealer. I think Audi got this from a OEM and just asked the manufacturer to add the Audi badge. i do not see a big difference in quality of the plastic versus those found in Japanese cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts