Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will kick this section off with a few mods I've done to my Q3First one was to junk the cigarette lighter (we don't smoke) and replace it with an official Audi torch, a bit expensive but it works really well....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-LED-Torch-Light-Cigarette-Socket-12V-/220855518199?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item336c03c3f7If you have the LED light pack Audi in their wisdom decided not to put LED's in boot or glove box, a cheap set from the bay cured that and I now have nice white lights....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250885632224?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648Finally the front fog lights had a really yellow look with the standard bulbs and I didn't like the look with my xenons so I changed them for these....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OSRAM-H11-COOL-BLUE-INTENSE-FOGLIGHT-BULBS-4200K-BLUE-LIGHT-/170783609730?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c37f1382They look much nicer. Now you can go the LED route here but LED's can throw up errors if you don't get the right type and they don't light up the road as well as a proper bulbs, also the manual with my car said the fogs were H7 they are not they are H11 so be aware.I am now looking at the pedals and contemplating changing them for these...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250738804398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648But that is something for the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the torch! I would like to get an iPad dock for the front - does anyone know any good in car audio visual firms who could set up an integrated docking point out the dash. Because I have an iPhone I can't use the google earth mapping so I am going to change my phone for one with rsap. So I would like to play my music off my iPad. That is when I get it back - currently in for vibration and steering wheel shake :-(

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The torch is a nice touch it works very well too.I'm not sure about putting an iPad in the front of the car, if it's just for music buy a big SD card, I bought a 32gb for £18 this holds more than enough for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the pedals idea, that's one thing I noticed that just looks cheap. Do you know if these pedals are easy to fit?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah think I might be doing it, they look good, much better than the stock pedals. The only thing for me is that pedals are a bit on the high price. I wonder if we could find it cheaper if we had the VAG part numbers.

Group buy anyone? lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Del, what software did you use for putting music on the Sd Card, presumably via your PC. Also does the SD card have to be a specific type?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steadykev said:
Hi Del, what software did you use for putting music on the Sd Card, presumably via your PC. Also does the SD card have to be a specific type?
Hi KevI use Exact Audio Copy to rip CD's and Mp3tag to sort out cover art, but you can use any softwareyou're happy with, rip at a high bit rate I use 320 VBR then just drag and drop the files to the SD card.You can use any SD card I use one of these....http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/sdcard/pny-32gb-professional-sdhc-class-10-memory-card-psdhc32g10ef/22546It works fine, 32gb is the max size you can use and it match's the dash.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
colins7 said:
thanks for help Del'... are both types of bulb,straight change?
Yes, you just need to carefully wedge the light holders out,check out thechanging bulbs section in the ownersmanual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can pair your iPad with the car via Bluetooth as I did yesterday and I was happily playing my iTunes Playlists.....not sure though about the wisdom of mounting the iPad on the dash.... I also use a 16GB SD card and my iPod, so between them I have more than enough music to drive by!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi DEL, have purchased the leds for boot & glovebox but had trouble removing the normal bulb, as on opening boot lid light was ON tried to remove the wire connection would not budge? bulb was also pretty hot to touch,i did manage to remove the black plastic cover on unit but the contacts were all over he place, i then decided to call it a day and put the light back as was! can you provide any info on how it should be done?? Thanks for now,ALAN.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PAMANAL21 said:
Hi DEL, have purchased the leds for boot & glovebox but had trouble removing the normal bulb, as on opening boot lid light was ON tried to remove the wire connection would not budge? bulb was also pretty hot to touch,i did manage to remove the black plastic cover on unit but the contacts were all over he place, i then decided to call it a day and put the light back as was! can you provide any info on how it should be done?? Thanks for now,ALAN.
Hi AlanHave a look here.....http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7240It's from the A1 forum but the bulb holders are just the same.A quick warning, use something plastic to wedge the old bulb out incase you cause a short and blow a fuse.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi DEL,would like to fit sat-nav to my Q3,(SE model)i see you already have SD sat-nav,was this fitted at 'new' or have you had it installed afterwards? also what is your opinions on your nav? some people seem to be impressed others not so, i would like s/nav but not at AUDI's price!!
thanks, ALAN.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Del. How easy are the fog light bulbs to switch?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mark3988 said:
Hi Del. How easy are the fog light bulbs to switch?
Hi MarkAs far as I remember it wasn't too bad, the big plastic fascia has to be pulled off with a special tool that's in the tool kit, you then remove the whole fog light to replace the bulb,but be careful as the lights are held in with plastic screws that are easy to strip, in fact mine were pretty much stripped at the factory
The instruction's for changing the fog lights are in the manual

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks Del, I am an absolute disaster when it comes to DIY so no way I'm going near my Q3 with any tools. I spoke to Audi who said they could fit LED bulbs but it would invalidate my warranty, so will live with the off white as we'll now call it..

1 - 20 of 81 Posts