Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, still waiting on my order, hopefully will receive s line in a week or too i am told
I hear playing itunes in Audi's isn't so easy and trying to prepare as much for this in advance of receiving the car. Is there any lead that can be used to link the iphone with the music centre which will then play music with album artwork? I have put my itunes onto an sd card and slipped it into an A1 as a test, however, it wont play some of the music files (they look protected or something) and I dont get any artwork for the music it actually does play. Also each of the music titles appear with a number at the start which looks very strange. Any of you guys experienced this in the Q3? It is bad enough having delays in receiving the car, I certainly don't want anymore delays in trying to get my music going properly when i do receive it! Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have read somewhere that someone managed to get the album artwork but I can't remember where I found it. Perhaps it's on another forum, I believe it can be done but it's a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I was looking at a different car then. Someone had put pictures
of their car and it showed the album art and someone else asked how to
do it. Maybe I'm dreaming it though!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you look onthe Q3 gallery and go to the MY Audi Q3 Youtube video post is this what your after for your artwork ???

·
Registered
563 Posts
To display cover art from an SD card like this....
You need to go to Media - settings then tick Display Track Info box....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I can't help with the itunes part I never buy music from itunes, I rip my own CD's or buy from Amazon, the Amazon downloads work perfectly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That was the one I had seen Daytona noted about iTunes though. Goswams you can buy any SD card up to 32Gb I believe. My GF has an A1 and uses 16Gb purchased from Amazon for about £15 without any problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there

If connecting your iPhone directly, all you need is the correct cable. It seems Audi dealers hand out the 'blue' cable as standard, but in fact with the latest music systems, you actually should be getting a 'red' cable. Dealers don't seem to know this though. I got them to replace mine.

It now plays video and displays artwork direct from the iPhone.

Rick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers everyone for your help and thanks Del for the super pics, explains it perfectly and artwork running perfectly now on a1 and will do the same when I FINALLY get my q3. Some of the iTunes on the sd card come up as being damaged (protected Audi probably mean) so I might have to covert these tunes into another format before I put them on the sd card again. Has anyone managed to get their hands on an Audi red mmi cable, from looking at a few websites it seems to be compatible with iPhones/iPods?

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
MMi cables, as RJ has said ask your dealer for the red cable as these seem to work the best.There is lots of info on the A1 forum on the MMi / Audio side of things, the A1 uses the same system as the Q3 so it's always worth doing a search over there....http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is the Red MMI cable F.O.C. or is it another add on that we have to purchase from Audi ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
S Line said:
Is the Red MMI cable F.O.C. or is it another add on that we have to purchase from Audi ?
S Line I don't think you've taken delivery of your car yet, when you do your dealer should give you a choice of one cable, be it USB or apple, if you take the apple cable insist it is the red one.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Part Number for the red MMi cable is....4F0051510RAnybody with a car on order I would suggest you get in touch with your dealer and ask them to get one of these to go with your new car.If you aregetting problems with a blue cableit might be worth asking your dealer for a swop, armed with the above part number.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got belowresponsefrom my dealer on iphone audio cables
Red is for video playback if you have technology pack, you do not have this so BLUE is the correct one

is above statement correct?

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the information on the cables, when i (finally) get my car i will ensure the dealer is giving me the correct cable for free, it is the least they can do after waiting so long.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts