Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if others share my irritation on this forum that clicking on a multi-page thread always takes you to p1 of a thread, whereas as a regular visitor I'd much prefer to go to the _last_ page as the default (chances being that I'll have read the previous pages yesterday/last week/etc).
I presume that I haven't missed an account setting somewhere that would correct this behaviour and make the default like most other forums, ie show the latest page in the thread by default? But, assuming not, would there be support for - not sure what the chain of command is now - but eg asking the mods to request the owner to change the default behaviour?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I find I tend to use the "new posts" link as that always send me to the latest post in a thread, be it long or short of course.

If I am just browsing through older threads I usually start at the beginning anyway.

How do others do it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I log in on my iPad it shows the number of new posts in brackets against the post title, so I just tap that and it takes me straight to the latest posts. Strangely when logging in on my laptop this facility is not available.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
DM, you have two choices.....

1> Check out the latest posts listed at the bottom of the forum main page

2> For each individual thread, instead of clicking on the title (which will always take you to the start of the thread) click instead on the right-pointing arrowhead at the right of each thread which takes you straight to the latest post.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gromit said:
2> For each individual thread, instead of clicking on the title (which will always take you to the start of the thread) click instead on the right-pointing arrowhead at the right of each thread which takes you straight to the latest post.
Oh that's the trick is it? A fairly non-obvious one I have to say though. But thanks - that answers the question - maybe one to add to the FAQ.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
^

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Thanks for the advice Gromit that will sort it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts