Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned my Q3 for a couple of months now I have noticed that the rubber seal along the bottom of the door shuts and the bottom of the door shuts get very dirty. Does anybody have any suggestions for the best deals on a set of mudflaps. Mine is an S line and I understand not all sets will fit an S line. Cheers Tim.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Tim
I am glad you have brought this up as I have also noticed this problem, it is not helped by the fact Audi don't make mud flaps for sline's which is a real pain. Look forward to any suggestions otherwise its out with the pressure washer AGAIN this weekend !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having looked through some old posts I found out that somebody had made there own from that rallycar mud flap material. There were some photos of it and although they had done a very good job i'm not sure if I would like it on mine. Having looked on some other Audi related forums it is clear that Audi don't do any to fit on an S line, so like you say its either out with the pressure washer again or i'll have to be more assertive with the cleaning fairies that charge me six quid to clean my car. To be fair they normally do a very good job and take ten minutes to do what would take me two hours. So it looks like my pressure washer will stay in a tangled mess in the shed.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Next time you take it to the fairies, point out the crap on the underside of the doors etc. and ask them to make sure they don't miss it. If they're anything like the guys at the Gromit's Retreat Kosovan Karwash they'll take note and remember it.

EDIT: Having said that I find the Q3 so easy to wash (I don't have a pressure washer) I haven't bothered taking it to them yet.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hannu . That's the post I saw from a while back. As I said they look smart , the shiny black goes well with the colour of your car. Do I remember correctly in thinking that you cut them yourself, if so you did a good job, Was it hard and were they easy to fit and did they need any drilling? Might have a rethink as mine is red a set in shiny red might look quite good.Regards Tim.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi tim, I have mudflaps, retro fitted after a few months, did them myself, and they do cut down on the amount of dirt that collects on the bottom door rubber seals but do not stop it altogether. Btter that nothing though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gromit, been to the fairies today (I think mine might be Tunisian) and had a word, we'll see if he remembers next time. Its like when Sebastian Vettel goes in for a tyre change, they all come running out their cabin and in the time it would take me to unwind my hosepipe they're hanging a gratis air freshener on the coat hook and sending me on my way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Tim Yes I obtained the material from http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/and some strong double sided tape from http://www.tapes-direct.co.uk/. I also obtained the alloy mud flap brackets from JJC and some stainless allen bolts from http://www.atfltd.com/.The material is easier to cut than you think with some strong sharp scissors, and having spent some time getting them right with cardboard templates it was quite easy, although there was a lot of Kellogg's boxes used to make sure the flaps were correct!
.I didn't want to drill the car anywhere hence the use of double sided tape and original screw holes, I had to find two longer screws for the rear flaps. I used the alloy brackets on the underside, the fronts have been clapped to the car via the bracket and large washers to the ledge on the inner wing insert (no holes required). At the rear I suck the bracket to the underside of the rear bumper, however the tape here only last about two months before the weight of dirt and water affects adhesion, so now I have drilled a small hole here for the bracket in the plastic. The double sided tape place around the wheel arches have maintain adhesion and are fine.I have also now sprayed the alloy brackets mat black. I'm quite pleased with the results and should I ever have to remove them the two holes I have drilled can easily be plugged and cant be seen unless you really look for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Hannu, thanks for going to the trouble of taking all those photo's. A friend of mine has acquired some mudflap material for me in black. I'll offer it up to see how it goes with red and then i'll devise a cunning plan to fit them. Regards Tim.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Hannu

Could you point me in the right direction from were you got the decal on the front door of your Q3 please? I think they will look great on my Daytona grey Q3

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Puddy

Contact Paul at:-

keyline</font>graphix</font></font>
</font>
</font>
</font>

</font>e-mail:</font>
</font>[email protected]</font></font> </font>
</font>If you mention my Name (Bryan Harrison) and the model of vehicle he will know what size to make them, He also made some for my Dad's A2,
</font>

·
Registered
143 Posts
puddy said:
Hi Hannu

Could you point me in the right direction from were you got the decal on the front door of your Q3 please? I think they will look great on my Daytona grey Q3

You can also get them on eBay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts