Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would have thought so because the only difference is that the S/line trim is body coloured instead of beingblack isnt it ?If you look through the forums there aare some photos of my se withthe mudflaps fitted so see if the bumpers look the same . when i has an s/line a 3 they said the mudflaps didnt fit but my dealer put them on with no problem so check with your dealer as well my photos are in Q3 gallery - daytona
Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
96 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Del is correct no mud flaps for S Line. Had them fitted to my SE today £219 for parts and fitting. Tried to get a discount on fitting cost but unsuccessful.

·
Registered
563 Posts
oldgranti said:
Del is correct no mud flaps for S Line. Had them fitted to my SE today £219 for parts and fitting. Tried to get a discount on fitting cost but unsuccessful.
Wow thats a lot of money for mudflaps, didn't you consider fitting them yourself ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
What do they look like on the car, might stop a lot of dirt getting under the bottom of the door.
I noticed when I have cleaned mine, when you open the doors at the bottom is a plastic moulding and it gets quite full of mud and the like off the road, especially on the passengers side if you have been in the country.
It would be interesting to know if the mud flaps cut down or even stop this build up in that area.

·
Registered
264 Posts
HI WES Yes they do reduce the amount of mud under the door , i keep an old paint brush in my cleaning kit and just use that to clean that strip under the door malkes it a lot easier to do if you look in the Q3 gallery for daytona. phantom black q3 there are a couple of photos near the end , I paid about £70 for the flaps and the dealer fitted them free
Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Del
Did think about fitting myself but according to the dealer the wheels need to be removed to fit. It did take them over an hour to fit. Labour rate apparently £95/hr. Expensive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Wes,
They are the same as mine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Wes, I bought a full set of mudflaps from Stoke Audi (internet £42.50 + vat and pp). I decided to fit them myself as the weather was nice and I could not be bothered to drive 20miles to change my winter wheels/tyres for my summenr ones at the nearest dealership. It also gave me the chance to get up close and personal with the underside of the car and I now know how the suspension adjustment is carried out along with seeing the parking brake motors at the rear. Fitting was relatively easy and since the wetter weather has arrived the flaps do cut down on the amount of both spray on the doors and build up of mud on the bottom door seals.

A good investment, not just for cosmetics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
.hi steadykev,just picked up my "s"line 140ps on friday,ordered mud flaps but donot fit S LINe.
please could you help me or another members who have the 140ps fwd model..i seem to get alot of engine noise in the car,wonder if all same on this model? my last two audi a4 140 diesels were very quiet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the info steadykev, £42 is very reasonable.Did they come with fitting instructions or is it obviouse what holes and screws go where?Has anyone noticed the snagging trap at the front of the car when washing and drying. I caught my sleeve on the front of the wing just above the headlight where it comes to a point and meets the bonet and ripped my sleeve. No obvious damage to the bodywork - which was myfirst concern, I will pay extra care in this area in future.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wes said:
Has anyone noticed the snagging trap at the front of the car when washing and drying. I caught my sleeve on the front of the wing just above the headlight where it comes to a point and meets the bonnet and ripped my sleeve. No obvious damage to the bodywork - which was myfirst concern, I will pay extra care in this area in future.
I noticed on Day one that it was a strange little design and that it stuck out a little or something odd.I also have rippedsome car cleaning equipment on this very area, and funnily enough had a closer look at itthis morningwhen I washed & dried the car.Still love it though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My BMW was exactly the same, in fact that little point feels very flimsy and can be pushed up and down which worried me at first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello again Wes. Yes the mud flaps did come with instructions, albeit a sheet of paper showing where to make the holes for the self tappers. They are genuine Audi supplied parts. Also don't worry about making holes in the bodywork as you are making the holes in the plastic wheel arch and underbody sections not the actual metal bodywork. The fiddly bit was the screw fitting underneath which requires the use of a spanner placed inside a little recess, accessed by removing a plastic inspection piece. Sounds worse than it is, just a little fiddly but satisfying once done.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi colins7, regarding the noise on the 140ps diesel yes it is a little noisy at idle and accelerating away from a standing start when cold but compared to other diesel cars such as the qashqai it is definetly much quieter. With the radio or other music on at say volume 12 you dont notice the engine idling either and there is barely any perceptible vibration transmitted into the cabin, a definite bonus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lovin the chats chaps, nothing to add about the snagging as nine isn't due till July (fingers crossed). Love the photo of the q3 in the snow, what colour is it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Windy said:
Love the photo of the q3 in the snow, what colour is it?
Thanks very much, The colour is Daytona grey. I was going to order a silver one but changed my mind and glad that I did as I love the colour now that I have it in the metal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts