Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A little out of the blue I seem to have become almost obsessed with buying a Q3. Have been a loyal Mini driver for 8 years but since creeping into middle-age the lack of interior space and bone-shattering ride on the country roads around me are getting tedious and comfort and practicality now trump speed and corner hugging.Recently went for a drive in a TDI S-Line 177 at the local dealer. Really impressed with just how easy it was to drive and after the cheap plastics of the Mini, the interior quality blew my (tiny) mind.
After all that, I sat down with a sales chap and crunched some numbers and a rather basic 177 TDI Quattro SE Manual (met. paint, xenons, sat nav, Audi sound system, int. LED, full paint) soon pushed into £32k. Despite some persuasive attempts at haggling, he wouldn't budge on price and the PCP finance quote he came up with was £6k deposit and £400pm over 48 months. Apparently Audi don't need to discount as they're selling like hot cakes. Said if I wanted an A4 the dealership would give me £4k towards it!
After doing some online quotes, a few have come up for a higher spec with about £2.5k-£3k discount, with only £2k deposit and £400pm.
I have seen that a few people on here have got some pretty good deals. Are these offers from online brokers/third party finance really as good as they sound and which ones are the best to go with?
Thanks for you help.
Bandrews

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I would suggest looking at dealers online sites and looking for ex-demonstrators. Although you cannot be fussy about the full spec and you may need to wait for one you like it may be worth it. I recently bought a Q3 this way and with 157 miles on it it is as good as new and a huge discount off the full price. Dealer was excellent (York Audi) and although the car I ended up with was at a different location in their group they went out of their way to sort it for me. May not suit everybody but has worked for me a couple of times.

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete.If you don't mind me asking, did you finance it or pay outright?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Financed on a PCP
as it was looking like the best way for me to get into one of these very nice Q3's

·
Registered
257 Posts
The deal for the Q3 we have on order was cliched by a £2500 discount. We achieved this by getting a firm quote from another dealer in writing and presenting it to our local dealer who up until then "couldn't go above £1500" discount. Even I was surprised how easily they matched the offer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bandrew, what part of the country are you in? I purchased my Q3 in the summer and armed with the evidence found on this fine forum bagged a discount of several thousand pounds with an inchcape dealer, if you are in the Kent area will let you know the salesman /dealership.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
I second PRT - I went to an Inchcape dealer armed with a firm quote from drivethedeal.com and online valuations on my part-ex from two different websites, using them to produce a figure I wouldn't budge from. End result - I screwed about £2.5K out of them, plus a nice contribution from Audi Finance (I didn't need finance and paid it off after 3 months, but it was a great way to get the price down further).

If you do your sums beforehand, gather written evidence to back it up and name a maximum figure you're willing to pay, then refuse to budge, it's then down to them to find a way of meeting your price. If necessary, walk away from it leaving a phone number with them in case they "change their minds", but if you say to them "Look, if we can agree £xxx I'll shake hands on the deal, sign up and leave a deposit now" it puts the onus on them, not the other way round. At worst you've lost nothing and more than likely you'll end up with the deal you want - I have on the last five occasions I've bought a new car.

Go for it, and good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I second gromit ! Go armed with written evidence, my saleman told be after I shoke on the deal that what swayed it was I had done my homework andprovidedwritten evidence from people that had boughtfrom their dealership !I ended up with 9% discount.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys. Most helpful. Taking the Mini in for some (more) warranty repairs on Wednesday. Audi (South Hereford) is next door so will go well armed for a chat with Roger. PRT - I'm after a spec pretty much identical to yours so 9% is a good number to work to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts