Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Queenie (see previous post re. cockroach) you're not the only one with added extras. This little waspie thing appeared as if by magic. I'm pretty sure it gained access this week when I had the boot open for a while whilst at the caravan.

Little b*****
. There are top and bottom vents visible when you look at the side of the boot/lamp area so I think it must have clambered in the top one. Will pop into local Audi next week and use my charm and any other means at my disposal to see if they can do anything. Failing that I guess I'll just have to read the manual for the Dyson ...
Did you ever manage to get rid of yours Queenie?
OK guys, do your worst! Looking forward to any comments Gromit
!

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Wow! Where do I begin?

At least there's one Q3 around with a sting in it's tail!

I think it's probably a bug that's crawled out of the software and made it's way via the wiring into the tail-lamp cluster.

I'll probably be able to come up with some more atrociously bad jokes/puns later on - right now I'm suffering from a severe lack of blood in my alcohol stream which I hope to rectify soon. There's a bottle of St. Emilion downstairs with my name on it...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On further examination there are 2 of the pesky blighters in there - suicide pact maybe
. Edinburgh Audi seemed to think this shouldn't happen (I'm not so sure). Going in next week for either removal or replacement under warranty. They did make it clear that warranty would only apply if there had been no other damage (self inflicted or otherwise) that had allowed their access. I will be keen to find out how they got access since I'm guessing that if it happened again out with warranty, you would be talking re. £500+ a pop!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eventually car went in for repair/replacement about two weeks ago, for me to be told by a service assistant that the work is not covered under warranty and would cost £350 for new unit plus labour. When I eventually came down from the ceiling, I said that this was not what I had been told on my first visit and that I didn't accept their change of position. They insisted that this problem happens occasionally and because the light is a sealed unit, it must be replaced with a new unit and not tampered with (the Audi definition of a sealed unit in this instance then is one that can only be replaced - not repaired!). There are in fact two vents which are evidently big enough to allow common beasties access, which imho is a design fault that could be rectified with some sort of permeable thin mesh.
Having spent £35k on a car which already had a squeaking drivers seat replaced, a squeaky sunroof repaired and an ill fitting body panel replaced, I stated that this was the last straw and that I would take my custom elsewhere in the future. All this, with considerable input from my salesman, and apparently my loyalty as a customer, eventually led to the unit being replaced foc as a 'goodwill' gesture. The courtesy car was cancelled and I left the dealer at 10am, so thumbs up in the end for the Lomond Audi group (now part of Lookers), but I cant help thinking that this could so easily happen again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well done standing your ground. If it's a sealed unit as Audi say in justification of charging then the bugs can only have got in during the manufacturing process and it's faulty through poor manufacture. (I did once see a fly neatly squashed into an NHS vacuum packed sterile syringe plastic packet so it does happen!). If it's not sealed, and the bugs can get in, isn't it faulty by design? Either way I don't think the customer pays.

·
Registered
8 Posts
350 pounds?! What...

I'd definitely say that's a faulty design, but I'm sure they'll give another twist to it if they want your money... Good they did it in the end, but you're right, who knows what they'll say next time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,My audi has developed a squeaky drivers seat too. Can you tell me what they said about yours and what they did? My garage is refusing to replace it

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I used to have a squeaky driver seat which was sorted. Theres an Audi technical note TPI2036959-2 which they found which covers this fault. It must happen common enough for them to issue a TPI note.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this information. Can you tell me what was wrong with your seat? My drivers seat is failing on the side next to the middle consul, as if the padding or structure of that cushion is giving way. The car was only 7 months old when the problem started.

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Here's the full detail, unashamedly filched from warranty records....

http://warranty.mmintranet.co.uk/index.php?id=2050

Print this off and stick it under the corporate noses of your Audi dealer. Having done their job for them it should be no problem to persuade them to actually fix the bloody thing as detailed therein.

FFS, why is "SOD OFF!" still the instinctive first reaction of a main dealer to a customer's genuine problem?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Well done Gromit............whether upon the fix or the feelings I let everyone else decide

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
sand said:
Thank you for this information. Can you tell me what was wrong with your seat? My drivers seat is failing on the side next to the middle consul, as if the padding or structure of that cushion is giving way. The car was only 7 months old when the problem started.
I was getting severe squeaking noises from the chair especially driving over rough surfaces. They stripped it and lubricated various points at first but the noise returned after two weeks. Thats when they decided to replace the base section and it seems to have solved the problem. The padding has been ok on mine.I would go to a more sympathetic dealer if you can as the current one isn't listening. Also I would contact Audi Customer Service as your situation is obviously not what it should be.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sand said:
Can you tell me what was wrong with your seat? My drivers seat is failing on the side next to the middle consul, as if the padding or structure of that cushion is giving way. The car was only 7 months old when the problem started.
I think it was the seat back in my case that was the problem, and if I remember correctly the whole seat was replaced. I didn't have any problems with the support which sounds even worse from where I'm sitting (sorry!). If you are still under warranty, don't be fobbed off and get it sorted to your satisfaction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts