Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any known differences between these? I tried googling, but nothing turned up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
fabeaton said:
yes,

the 2012 model has a vibrating steering wheel, the 2013 model will probably not!
#glad i got mine in nov 2011 then

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But wouldn't a nov-2011 delivered car be a 2012-model?! ;-)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I seem to remember something about a change in the height of the tailgate opening?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that.
Seems that the changes are rather minor then, perhaps with the exception of the "Tailgate height lowered by 4" item.
(Which, incidentally, I don't really understand what means. Is the position of the handle of the opened hatch now 4" lower than before, so that short people easier can reach and close it? Or is the rail/bar to which the closed hatch connects lowered, to ease loading? Or is the position of the hatch hinges lowered by 4"?!)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your questions. My Q3 was schedule for a build week 2 weeks ago, so has not arrived yet.

There was talk on here about changing the struts, so I presume it just lowers the height from the ground

·
Registered
80 Posts
A little bit off-topic but you can check the model year of your car by reading 10th character of the serial number (VIN):
C = 12
D = 13

·
Registered
264 Posts
JayN said:
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that.
Seems that the changes are rather minor then, perhaps with the exception of the "Tailgate height lowered by 4" item.
(Which, incidentally, I don't really understand what means. Is the position of the handle of the opened hatch now 4" lower than before, so that short people easier can reach and close it? Or is the rail/bar to which the closed hatch connects lowered, to ease loading? Or is the position of the hatch hinges lowered by 4"?!)
then pistons that open the tailgate only allow it to go up to a certain height .the 2013 cars the have new pistons the mean the tailgate is 4 inches lower when fully open , so smaller people can reach it easier , they can be retro fitted if you already have a Q3 I am waiting for the part number from AUDI UK at the end of july , I will post iit as soon as i recieve it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts