Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Next week I'm going to pick up 2017 Q3 2.0TFSI (the 220hp version) from AUDI dealership. :)

Since the car will undergo 110 point check, they assured me that they will update the MMI to the latest version before they ship it to me.

Can you guys tell me what is the current 2021 MMI version of the software? (So I know if they did it or not):)

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Welcome to the club pipa92 and Q3 ownership too.

When you say having MMI updated - what are you specifically expecting to have improved? Have you requested the latest Satnav version perhaps?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi pipa92, welcome to the club. Upgrading the MMI firmware is easy and free of charge. However, updating the maps is expensive. I would double check what they mean and get the details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello guys and thank you for such quick reply and welcoming me! :)

What I mean by update of MMI is the version of the MMI software strictly (not the navi maps).

Say how for example the 2016 model comes with factory MMI version of 0278 (pure example) and in 2021 most current MMI version is 0367...

I know that it takes them like 15min tops to update it. But I also own few other Audis. And I know the dealers avoid updating the MMI systems like a plague and only when "something is wrong".
So I know the best chance I have to make them do it is while they are still trying to "service me as customer" :(
Audi has less than stellar reputation with how they handle their loyal customers

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
There have been few updates to the 8U MMI, the last I recall was back in 2017 when there was a Bluetooth update. The Audi dealers are able to hook a car up to to Audi Germany and get all the latest software updates for the vehicle - this is actually more nuanced than it sounds as there are interdependencies between the the different hardware, firmware and updateable software versions according to the physical options built into your vehicle.

So..you need to say to the dealer "can you hook the car up to Germany to make sure my car has all the latest updates and give me printed confirmation please".

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
80 Posts
mine was updated , HN+-EU-AU-PO942 Nav. database version 8R0060884DP ECE6,32.2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts