Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

MMI rebooting. Random messages pop up whilst driving.

26K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  KrisDeb 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a new Q3 and from the outset have had problems with the MMI system. To start with, I could not load myself as a user - this was tried in front of the dealer but I still took the car. The next morning I managed to load it and this was start of problems. My wife cannot add herself as a user and various messages load when we’re driving along. For example, the other day we were driving along with the radio on when the radio cut out and the screen said loading personal settings - this happened twice on our outbound journey and twice on the return. Twice we could not have been more in the centre of our lane and it came up with “Lane departure warning”. I have also had Traffic sign recognition: fault on a few occasions and some other messages that I cannot remember.
Audi had this for 2 days and could not fix it. They wanted a 3rd day but I was not prepared to be without a car for 3 days running, it is now booked in for another 2 days later this month - does that mean if they had it for the 3rd day they would need a 4th!!
Anyone had these problems?
Do you think I have a lemon!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Good news, so Jalees recommendation of doing a factory reset appears to have fixed my MMI rebooting problem. I did a factory reset today, and drove for 2.5 hrs (in two journeys). The MMI didn't restart at all. Normally it would have gone through 3 reboots in this time.
I left the personal settings blank and just used the MMI as a guest. My guess is that I failed to set up my personal setting correctly, and the MMI kept rebooting because it couldn't connect to myaudi, or it couldn't get my personal settings.
I will update again if anything changes. For now I am going to continue as a guest.
Did you reload your personal details as a user?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I would like to update this thread on my Audi MMI problems which Audi have had in to their garage for 2 lots of 2 days and still cannot fix the problem.
Apparently this problem has occurred on other models and has been since the 70 plate. Audi UK are aware of the problem and “are looking for a fix” - quite how hard they are looking appears to be, not very hard - why would they when they’ve had your money and sold you a s**t car!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Hmm maybe Wellingtonboots can share his results with that factory reset and not loading the profile.
Hmm maybe Wellingtonboots can share his results with that factory reset and not loading the profile.
But Jalees, why should you buy a £35k car and not be able to use it as it was built for by Audi!!

Discussion starter · #16 ·
You shouldn't have to compromise of course! Audi do have a good track-record of fixing stuff, software is particularly challenging in cars because of the huge number of interdependencies for both options installed and external services like the MyAudi app.

You can escalate the issue by engaging with Audi Customer Services and close the loop between your dealer and Audi AG.

Phone
Customer Services = 0800 699 888

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm. Closed on Bank Holidays.

Send your query, including the relevant customer and vehicle details
Thanks John - I find it unbelievable that the guy who sold me the car obviously knew of the problems with MMI system came out to car to watch me try to connect with MMI system and sent me on the way knowing it was a problem and I had not been able to sign in when I left him! It says it all!

Discussion starter · #19 ·
I know what you mean.
Correct no compromise but like John mentioned this software and whole lot of these services integrated becomes a mess sometime.
What we can do is let's try a factory reset first and don't put anything use it as a guest for few days.
Then if system behaves then let's take 1 step a time.
Yes but they must know of the problems they have been experiencing for 18 months or more - I would feel like a hyena at a lion’s kill!

Discussion starter · #20 ·
You shouldn't have to compromise of course! Audi do have a good track-record of fixing stuff, software is particularly challenging in cars because of the huge number of interdependencies for both options installed and external services like the MyAudi app.

You can escalate the issue by engaging with Audi Customer Services and close the loop between your dealer and Audi AG.

Phone
Customer Services = 0800 699 888

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm. Closed on Bank Holidays.

Send your query, including the relevant customer and vehicle details
Tried to escalate as you advised - basically they wash their hands of it and say it is down to dealership to sort the problem out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.