Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was a cash buyer for my Q3 S Ln Blk Ed 35 Tfsi in April 2021. Since then, I have had to regularly endure the rebooting problems with the MMI (and the sos light coming on). It has been nine months of total frustration, and in some cases, I had ended up in tricky situations due to a lost sat-nav system. As I replace my car every 2.5/3 years, the problem will exist for a third of the lifespan of my vehicle. This is not good enough.
The car has been booked in 4 times to resolve the problem. However, each time the booking was cancelled as there was no fix. This problem is severe, and in truth, Audi has sold me a defective product. Is anyone else of the same opinion? Has there been any legal action taken against Audi on this matter? I believe there should be because this has gone on for too long.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Welcome PGHue.

You are not alone - the site's 'Search Community' feature at the top of the screen works well.

I believe Audi were promising a fix by December. There will be other owners that have a similar view, you have every right to demand a resolution - in the first instance contact the Head of Business at the supplying dealer and ask for a meeting to discuss your issues. Be polite, don't have a rant and suggest that as they haven't been able to fix it is there an alternative solution - could be a refund on the car or an alternate vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome PGHue.

You are not alone - the site's 'Search Community' feature at the top of the screen works well.

I believe Audi were promising a fix by December. There will be other owners that have a similar view, you have every right to demand a resolution - in the first instance contact the Head of Business at the supplying dealer and ask for a meeting to discuss your issues. Be polite, don't have a rant and suggest that as they haven't been able to fix it is there an alternative solution - could be a refund on the car or an alternate vehicle.
Thanks RSQ3John. I am aware that there are many others in the same position as me. However I am becoming increasingly despondent with Audi's handling of the situation. As I said, I have had the car booked in four times already - only to be called up to say that there is no point in coming as a fix is not available. At some point Audi have to accept they have sold a defective product and need to either replace it or offer a refund. This cannot go on indefinitely - as I previously said, I have now put up with this problem for a third of the lifespan of the vehicle. I honestly believe that the more pressure that is put on Audi by a large group of disgruntled Q3 owners the better the outcome will be for all of us. At the end of the day we supposedly own a premium product sold to us by a "world class" company.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
I understand your frustration - Audi do have a good track record of fixing mercifully rare issues - the leaky pano roof problem was the last one that springs to mind and that's fully resolved. Have you contacted Audi Customer Services to double check that the dealer isn't just fobbing you off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand your frustration - Audi do have a good track record of fixing mercifully rare issues - the leaky pano roof problem was the last one that springs to mind and that's fully resolved. Have you contacted Audi Customer Services to double check that the dealer isn't just fobbing you off?
I have contacted Audi Customer Services about the problem as well as being surprised that the dealer wanted to charge me £25.00 for a courtesy car whilst they were fixing a problem caused by them. Whilst I know this is for the insurance, I felt that Audi could at the very least pick up this cost. Audi Customer Services offered no apology, or any inclination to compensate in one form or another nor did they accept that charging the £25.00 for the courtesy car was unreasonable. I have since moved from the town where I purchased the vehicle and the dealer in the new town basically said the same thing as the dealership where I bought the car. So I do not think I'm being fobbed off. I'm afraid that Audi are being very poor in the manner in which they are handling, what I believe, to be an unfixable problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This continuing saga with this issue has now got beyond endurance. In December 2019 we ordered a Q3 sportback 35TFSi S-Line, premium pack and sunroof. It was delivered in March 2020, in the June we started to have Audi Connect issues which could not be resolved, then we had navigation issues SOS issues 'ghost' messages, (which resulted on one occasion with calling the AA out). Three times the vehicle has been back to the dealership with these issues, and I know we are not alone. The dealership where we purchased the car has been very supportive, so I have no argument with them whatsoever.
On the second occasion I got in touch with Audi UK customer care and after a robust conversation, they agreed to the third year's service at their cost. I was advised that the software update would be due out in January this year, so we booked the car in, last December. On the day I went in we have more error messages, appear when we arrived we were told sorry the update for the Q3 is not out until the end of January it is only the A3 update that is out. As it so happened on this occasion a sensor had failed. Our car is not 2 years old, and done 7340 miles and a sensor has failed. OK the work was carried out under warranty, but what confidence do you have in keeping the car beyond 3 years. Again on this occasion I had a further very robust conversation with Audi UK and they have agreed to pay for a further two years extension to the warranty on the basis, that I pay it first and then they will reimburse the cost. But we are asking ourselves do we wish to keep the car beyond 3 years?
Any enjoyment in owning the car has gone, and with a heavy heart this will be the last Audi we will buy, shame I have always been a fan, but where do you go I have friends with Mercs and BMW that have similar issues. These cars have got too complicated, all I want to do is get in and drive from A to B comfortably and reliably. Electric cars not a chance!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Really sad to hear this from everyone but it is the reason I only buy secondhand, with less technology these days.
My wife offered me to sacrifice some of my pension pot for, within reason, the car I always wanted but I couldn’t bring myself to go that far.
I am 🤞that I am happier having a 6 year old RSQ3.
Everything has got way too complicated and software dependent now.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
I have to confess I have less and less interest in or desire for a new Q3. The original Mk I was so trouble-free and reliable it puts the current version to shame. What with "kangerooing" issues that took for ever to sort out, leaking sunroofs, rebooting MMI issues the software fix for which is delayed or postponed again and again, ACC issues ditto, I couldn't in all conscience recommend a current model Q3 to anyone. Above all the attitude of Audi themselves is appalling, eroding confidence in the brand left right and centre and resulting in an increasing number of rejected vehicles.

My brace of Audis is now nine and twelve years old respectively and I'm viewing the prospect of replacing either one of them with horror. Their position as a premium brand is under serious question and they don't appear to either realise it or give a rat's arse about it.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
The F3 prior to the 2021 MY is great - all bets are off after that.

Was presenting to a massive German Automotive OEM today and they were saying that their business is experiencing changes in the go-to-market model in just about every way possible across every line of business.

I'm absolutely certain the Audi is in the same position - we noted a couple of years ago that they seemed to be punting diesel big-time and yet even here on this forum we already knew most new orders were petrol engine jobs. Truthfully the brand doesn't really have the kind of cars the market wants with the lack of affordable EV/Hybrid vehicles largely missed - and the European economies are tumbling into high inflation/costs which just adds to the pressure.

It's interesting to note that new automotive brands are appearing with fresh designs and leading edge tech - cars are transitioning from super complex to transport appliances. Audi and the other manufacturers are suddenly looking so 'yesterday', will be interesting to see how they respond.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I was a cash buyer for my Q3 S Ln Blk Ed 35 Tfsi in April 2021. Since then, I have had to regularly endure the rebooting problems with the MMI (and the sos light coming on). It has been nine months of total frustration, and in some cases, I had ended up in tricky situations due to a lost sat-nav system. As I replace my car every 2.5/3 years, the problem will exist for a third of the lifespan of my vehicle. This is not good enough.
The car has been booked in 4 times to resolve the problem. However, each time the booking was cancelled as there was no fix. This problem is severe, and in truth, Audi has sold me a defective product. Is anyone else of the same opinion? Has there been any legal action taken against Audi on this matter? I believe there should be because this has gone on for too long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I am a Q3 owner June 2021 still waiting for a software fix started from beginning and been promised fix when it comes out being told it’s across the whole range and it could be some time just want an official explanation so you know it’s not just pie in the sky

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. A car from 2021. Less than a year has passed and the MMI has broken, the next months pass and the defect is not repaired. has anything changed in this matter? has it been fixed for you?

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
I think the issues are resolved now Hen, we haven't seen any unhappy owners for a while on that topic. March was getting on for 3 months ago....?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, meant to say build order was sent to Germany March 2022, ready around early June, mid June otw UK, bout couple of days ago on board vessel to Indonesia

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Wow, you can use the site 'Marine Traffic' to track car carrier vessels that have left the German port of Emden and are headed in your direction, probably via the Suez canal I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want my advice write a polite letter to Andrew Doyle ([email protected]) explain your position, you will get a very quick response from a member of his exec team. With all the issues we have had I in the end resorted to this and although pleased with the response (from his office), when the car was recalled to the dealership and after 2 days came back and said it was not calling for an update. Although some of my issues have ceased the Audi App is frankly bloody useless, in my last communication with them in April they were elevating it to the technical team, we have heard nothing since.
My wife holds the view that they are now concentrating on EV's and we are yesterday's customer, still have occasional error messages pop up, which we have put up with since June 2020. To be frank fed up with chasing it, next years is its 3rd year and its final year with me unless something changes it will be goodbye Audi.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
If you want my advice write a polite letter to Andrew Doyle ([email protected]) explain your position, you will get a very quick response from a member of his exec team. With all the issues we have had I in the end resorted to this and although pleased with the response (from his office), when the car was recalled to the dealership and after 2 days came back and said it was not calling for an update. Although some of my issues have ceased the Audi App is frankly bloody useless, in my last communication with them in April they were elevating it to the technical team, we have heard nothing since.
My wife holds the view that they are now concentrating on EV's and we are yesterday's customer, still have occasional error messages pop up, which we have put up with since June 2020. To be frank fed up with chasing it, next years is its 3rd year and its final year with me unless something changes it will be goodbye Audi.
That was a 6 month old post and the member hasn't been seen since early February.

Your wife's hunch may well be correct, there don't appear to be replacements scheduled for A1, A3, Q2 or Q3 with Audi's 2026 target for the end of ICE new model launches looming on the horizon - they way things are going then fuel will be £5 a litre and we won't want them either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
But we really don't have a chance to drive a roadworthy car? After all, these are cars under warranty and it is the seller's responsibility to repair it under the warranty! Maybe you could file a class action with the court?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts