Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Typical idiot resolution.
Fiddle around in settings, set a destination and three route options appeared!!
I’ll give it about 9.5 as, although the image timing seems good, the voice instructions could be 30m earlier, even in 30mph zones.

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
I think the idea is to slow down to Warp Factor 2 on the approaches mate, that way the instructions aren't lagging behind... :p

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
There is a setting in the Nav menus for 'Route Criteria', Shortest/Fastest/Economical or something like that. There is also a setting to enable Dynamic Route guidance where the Google traffic data is taken into account in real time if a holdup occurs on your route. Sometimes routes look a bit odd because there is data over roadworks, broken down vehicles or just slow traffic.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
I think the idea is to slow down to Warp Factor 2 on the approaches mate, that way the instructions aren't lagging behind... :p
Lagging behind...you mean SD sat nav, oh the frustration in the wife's A1!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
They don’t seem to have a ‘scenic way with no towns’ option. ;)
The only time the voice advice is iffy is in busier traffic when you can’t really keep looking at the dash and it screams turn left 3m before a hidden side road when you think it’s another one 20m further on.
I’ll spend all week getting used to it and then not use the nav for 6 months and will have forgotten everything.

My handbook only shows Warp Factors 4 to 8.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
616 Posts
The nav in ours is far better than it used to be in earlier Audi's with only 5 digit postcodes!
It's definitely not a patch on Google maps and tomtom units though but it's neater to have everything integrated and you get the instructions on the dis.
Set your favourite button on the steering wheel to mute the nav instructions as sometimes she loves the sound of here own voice lol

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Steering wheel commands are about 6 months away for me!
We even turned her volume up today as whispering wasn’t helpful. :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Had an issue today. We were told to go along Jubilee Drive near Little Malvern as that is a Morgan test road and photo spot but the MMI couldn’t find the road or any of the small villages by name.

It is great for postcodes but this seemed a bit weird…am I doing something wrong?
We had to use Google Maps on the phone to locate the road and then map read our way there.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Is it me but the travel time is ridiculously pessimistic.
Google maps prediction and my actual drive time to Lydden for the Rallycross today was 1 hour 30 minutes. Audi said 2 hours and rolled back to correct time as I went along.
No, I am not so lunatic to be able to cut 25% off a cross country journey time. We had the same for a couple of trips in Worcester the other week.

PS. Separately and not relevant to the above, don’t forget to reset the criteria to include motorways when you’re not in casual day trip mode. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
The Google Traffic data in conjunction with the Audi Nav is looked ahead and will have seen a delay that would have impacted your ETA, if the holdup starts to clear then the ETA is dynamically updated.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It seems too frequent for that John.
I left home at 7.15am and arrived at 8.50 but initially it reckoned on 9.35!!
Historically, nowhere I went ever gets traffic problems.
My month of online traffic data expires on the 12th so it will be interesting to see if it changes its timing guesses as Google Maps also has pretty accurate traffic conditions.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts