Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
581 Posts
RSQ3John said:
Personally, I get grumpy if there's something in my line of sight that isn't fully functional - even if I don't have the need to use it.
It's like buying an RSQ3 when 95% of the time you don't need it lol.
For me if its there it has to work too.
@ DavidS the dealer should be able to sort the ownership side on a drop in visit as it's a simple tick at their end, there's also no reason why bradford audi can't do it as they already know you are the owner and they just need your email login. However I know you have issues with them after the parcel shelf problem.

I'm not sure how having the myaudi app not set up probably will affect the connection but you will need it for the subscription.

I wouldn't worry about the nav update for now, I'd just get everything paired correctly AND have working traffic

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Sound advice Ju.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks chaps.
I agree re wanting stuff to work but chucking £60 odd at it once is different to the same lunch money a year for a nav system I will barely use. I’m happy enough to buy the new mapping as that can last a few years.

I have now spent £20 on a cd slot phone holder as I can mentally cope with that.

I am ok with Bradford Audi now as their donation covered my costs for the panels but they did fail to update the MMI firmware as promised. I will ask them to do the activation if it can be done remotely like that.

I can actually live without the traffic info as we tend to avoid major routes anyway if we are in leisure mode. Reading about TMC, it seemed barely worth inventing.

Our only expected future holiday plan is a tour of Ireland so traffic is probably not much of a concern over there.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Map update arrived in quick order today.
Very impressive instruction manual which is certainly needed and needs to be strongly adhered to.
I will do the installation over the weekend 🤞
I’ll take a radio, biscuits and a flask of tea and camp out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good luck Dave , it's like watching paint dry but more stressful lol

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Yeah, much patience required - don't interfere /play/reboot or deviate from the instructions unless you need a new paperweight.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All done in two hours. It took a few goes to access through the multiple buttons, particularly the activation.
Oddly, the activation process didn’t show quite the same as the guide but checking back to the version page showed them set up and everything seems to work.
Bradford Audi weren’t very helpful about the annual fee though and my sales lady didn’t know anything about it or offer to find out.

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
581 Posts
All you need Bradford to do is set you as the owner for the myaudi app, unless your local dealer has done it.
The annual fee is paid through the app and is very simple to do when everything is linked
I was down there this morning for the inspection service.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks Ju
Bradford Audi have set themselves as dealer (for now).

I still can’t gain access to Audi Connect on the MMI to put my 8 digit pin in.
I can get into Audi Connect but it only shows the Home screen with various media things like weather, petrol prices etc but not the sub menu I have seen on a couple of websites and an official looking download - see below. I have searched specifically for 8U but nothing seems to be dated and I reckon it’s only for F3 cars as they mention EV etc. :mad:

Does it need a wifi connection or phone signal?
I have got the mobile sim in the car and it is working (ish) with one bar, bearing in mind our abominable mobile reception it may not be doing much but I would have thought the set up bit would still show.

Or am I still being dozey? This is about the 5th time I‘ve tried to do this.
Is it actually worth it?

I get to Step 2 but can’t get beyond.
Product Font Computer Screenshot Software

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hmm......I'm not entirely sure as its a year since I did it but I'll have a dig around in the MMI but as for connection, if your sim is in and working, that is enough!
Do you have the functions on demand tab up and running in the app?
Product Gesture Font Communication Device Material property

Font Engineering Gas Water Screenshot

It doesn't matter which dealer you have set(you can do this yourself), you need to be set as "owner" by the dealer to get full access on myaudi for service records etc.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks Julian.

Yes the Functions on Demand shows only the Connect Traffic Online and, brilliantly, I can just pay for a month for £4.50, which will suit me much better as, after our trip for the week 15th we can just buy it for that. It might be 9 months before we would need it again. I know it sounds tight but paying £44.00 for maybe two days use in a year is annoying,,,that’s a lunch out while we’re away.

I can’t get any service history up so maybe Bradford Audi haven’t activated my registration as dealer yet.

·
Registered
581 Posts
What does it say in the bottom left of the MMI TMC or Online?
Have you tried this?

Nav
Destination
Online destination
Call up destination from myaudi account

That should ask you for a pin if you haven't!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It says TMC at the moment as I haven’t done the Connect Online thing yet…I was going to leave that until later in the week as I can’t get any Super Unleaded down here and I only have 205 miles showing for a 160 mile journey so won’t use the RS until Wednesday or Thursday and then fill up with whatever I can get. The garages were virtually dead this morning though.

I maybe better cough up for the Connect Online and try your sequencing.

This is a problem with remote purchasing as, even though the car was rubbish, Southend Audi were going to do all the set up stuff with me while I was there.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It says TMC at the moment as I haven’t done the Connect Online thing yet…I was going to leave that until later in the week as I can’t get any Super Unleaded down here and I only have 205 miles showing for a 160 mile journey so won’t use the RS until Wednesday or Thursday and then fill up with whatever I can get. The garages were virtually dead this morning though.

I maybe better cough up for the Connect Online and try your sequencing.
The car should still accept the pin if you have one

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I have had the pin since I registered for the app.
I’ve tried going through the mmi manual but it doesn’t help.
My Audi is still saying I need to contact the dealer so maybe they haven’t done it yet. I’ll email them.
EDIT
Dealer now registered but still need to sort out the damned pin.
It’s nearly wine time so tomorrow will do.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well. one month traffic info bought (after two failed attempts with Mastercard so changed to Visa) and installed. Shows up on Nav screen in place of TMC.

We had a thought if the previous owner’s Audi Connect code was still operational as the various weather, fuel prices, parking etc all work but, even after 6 or more attempts, we still can’t get the Log In line showing. As there is a logo with a phone + car image, we assume the phone is linked, whether automatically from my phone or as above. Likewise the mobile sim activated itself despite saying I need to enter a pin.

I am losing my mind with all this complication - or what has become complication.
Hopefully it will all work now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Did you try the procedure I outlined above David?
I'm sure that's how I got both the SQ5 and RS paired!
Does it not show "online" in the bottom left, takes a while as it boots up and shows TMC until it does

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sorry Ju. I didn’t explain it properly. Yes the online and car logo shows for the traffic info. It seems to be showing as paired as in my previous post.
But it just did it without asking for a pin. It still doesn’t make any sense in that it is tending to work without going through the proper logging in route.
It doesn’t help having a rubbish mobile signal at home so connecting anything can be a pain without driving a couple of miles to get a proper signal.
I’ll do your version tomorrow as I have to get my holiday petrol before the next crisis.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry Ju. I didn’t explain it properly. Yes the online and car logo shows for the traffic info. It seems to be showing as paired as in my previous post.
But it just did it without asking for a pin. It still doesn’t make any sense in that it is tending to work without going through the proper logging in route.
It doesn’t help having a rubbish mobile signal at home so connecting anything can be a pain without driving a couple of miles to get a proper signal.
I’ll do your version tomorrow as I have to get my holiday petrol before the next crisis.
They don't make it easy do they!
As long as its working then happy days 👍

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Used the nav for the last bit of the journey to find the cottage and it seemed a bit convoluted but did get us here. Drove below the south of Malvern before activating but it still took us through there instead via Ledbury, which seemed more logical.

It doesn’t show an overview of the route automatically unless P73 of the manual implies I can set it before starting guidance….we’ll try it shortly as the direct route is through Worcester, not round to the north like Google Maps shows.

To be honest, it seems as frustrating as nav of old compared to Google Maps, which seems to have been designed by a driver, not a graduate in providing everything you don’t need. Hopefully familiarity will ease things a bit.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts