Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

MMI Jukebox question

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  barrowclough 
#1 ·
Hi fellow Q3'ers!
I've successfully imported 6 albums into the MMI Jukebox via SD card, this is how I did it -
Inserted 2 gig SD card into Mac, found the folders where my albums are in iTunes and copied them onto the SD card. Then plugged the SD card into the MMI and followed instructions - viola! there are my albums with cover art.
Now the frustrating bit - some of the albums have been split up, it seems it's mostly the ones which are compilations, i.e. have various artists on them.
This makes navigation a huge chore and I've only transferred a few albums, if I go ahead and do a whole bunch I presume it will be almost impossible to scroll through.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Help!

See less See more
#3 ·
I have noticed that happening too!

Itend to copy my music files from the "Raw" folders - i.e. I make my own music folders, thenrip the music from CD using another program, then use those music files to copy to the SD card.

Ithen add the ripped files to my iTunes library manually.

It's more of a pain than ripping CDsdirect to iTunes - but saves hassle later!

#4 ·
I'm not sure how iTunes works on a mac but on windows if you open the album and select all the tunes on the album right click on the highlighted tunes and select get info then click the options tab, one of the options is part of a compilation, this should be ticked.

#5 ·
Del said:
I'm not sure how iTunes works on a mac but on windows if you open the album and select all the tunes on the album right click on the highlighted tunes and select get info then click the options tab, one of the options is part of a compilation, this should be ticked.
The thing is I don't want to ruin the detail in iTunes, on there all the compilations show correctly.

#6 ·
Create a new folder on your SD card in Finder, then drag the files you want directly from iTunes, either that or navigate the iTunes library file in Finder to music>compilations>album name and drag and drop from there.
Hopefully this will allow you to import your music in the structure you want. Failing that you may need to convert to MP3 and then edit the individual ID tags?

#7 ·
suparockin said:
Del said:
The thing is I don't want to ruin the detail in iTunes, on there all the compilations show correctly.
Because you have either bought or ripped the music via iTunes this is your only way forward, it will not ruin the details in iTunes.
If the files are MP3 then use Mp3tag, this will solve the problem.Edited by: Del

#8 ·
I've checked 'Compilation' against albums which have more than one artist on them - test upload of about 30 albums in progress now...fingers crossed!

Oh and the tag program you mentioned doesn't work on Macs (I think).

#10 ·
Sorry I forgot Mp3tag is windows only.
The are equivalents for the mac though.
I didn't mention album artist because sometimes it can mess things up, but setting this to various can help.

#11 ·
Suparockin - you can alter the details of whole albums at a time in iTunes. Highlight all the tracks in the album, then right click and choose the options/details (cannot remember which at the moment and I'm using my iPad so can't check) and then add the information you want to the 'album artist' - hit return and then all the highlighted files will be updated with your edits. Be careful as once changed there is no going back (unless you use time machine
)

#12 ·
if you want the albums to show in the browser (cover flow) without splitting then you will have to change the mpTags ie change the Artist name to the same for each track. The browse mode seems to group by artist then album. The alternative, when looking to play a particular various artist album, is to search via album name. It will then show up as the name of the album e.g. best of 90s and will play the album as it should be. It's not worth the effort to change the tags in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.