Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I need your advice. I received my Q3 two days ago. I am really amazed by the build quality, especially the interior. i love the Interior LED lights too. Unfortunately, I am not happy with the steering.Iif I level the 2 horizontal spokes, the car goes slightly to the left. To make the car go straight I need to turn the steering wheel a little bit to the right, approx 1.5 degrees tilt of the horizontal spokes.

I took my Q3 to the dealer today to correct the alignment. the mechanic is not sure whether the problem is the steering wheel or wheel alignment. Hope Audi can solve the issue. I am worried that it may get worse. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am now driving a temporary replacement car, an A1.

pekX2to
Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SemiQ!

thanks for pointing me to a previous thread. i hope the Audi mechanics here in Japan can fix it.

pekX2to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be checking with Audi tomorrow to get an update. Hope they have fixed it. If not, I will just return the car and get a refund. I am beginning to doubt Audi's quality assurance. The loaned car I am driving (an A1) is pulling to the left. This is not good. Maybe I should have listened to my wife and got a Lexus instead. Oh well, let's see. Will share update.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news, after a 2-day wait my steering wheel is in perfect condition. no more tilt

·
Registered
264 Posts
glad audi got your steering wheel fixed / aligned , hopefully you can now enjoy your car

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, loving every minute of driving it. Went for a drive in the mountain, handling on winding road was superb. Too bad I am on a two-week business trip, will be missing my baby Q!Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi SemiQ!

The mechanic could not pinpoint the fault but he told me that he went trough the routine procedure for aligning the 4 wheels and steering. I took the mechanic and my wife for a drive to confirm. At slow speed on a normal road asphlated road, it was difficult to check the steering wheel alignment since Q3"s steering is light. Tested it in the highway, it was perfectly leveled, I was very pleased! I am planning to go back to the dealer to thank the mechanic and tell his manager about the good job he did.

pekX2to

·
Registered
264 Posts
pekX2to said:
Hi SemiQ!

The mechanic could not pinpoint the fault but he told me that he went trough the routine procedure for aligning the 4 wheels and steering. I took the mechanic and my wife for a drive to confirm. At slow speed on a normal road asphlated road, it was difficult to check the steering wheel alignment since Q3"s steering is light. Tested it in the highway, it was perfectly leveled, I was very pleased! I am planning to go back to the dealer to thank the mechanic and tell his manager about the good job he did.

pekX2to
thats a nice gesture , everyone is quick to complain about dealer issue's it must be good for them to get some positive feedback as well .I always make a point of giving feedback good or bad , so they know how they are doing .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts