Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, my first time here. <?: prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Had a bad puncture the other day and need to replace one of the tires. The car came with Michelin Latitude Sport 235/55/17. Called around almost all tire dealers in Australia including Michelin. None of them had stock as its a discontinued model. Called my dealer, who initially said they don't have it in stock and suggested Pirelli, this means I had to buy 2 for the rear wheels as they do not recommend having one on Pirelli. Later on they were able to source 1 tire for me at a ridiculous cost of $1200. Apparently they have to import it fromGermany.

Any other members from Australia have had to replace a tire? alsomembers from UK, appreciate if you can suggest an online storethat ships to Australia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just googled, and they seem still to be easliy available in the UK

·
Registered
518 Posts
Warren, I concur with jima that they are freely available in the UK. Suggests it isn't a discontinued tyre.What does your Audi dealer have to say on the subject?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not discontinued as that size of Michelin in the latitude sport only came out for the Q3. Wasn't even in the Michelin online catalog when I took delivery of my Q3 on that fitment 18 months ago. Might damage a tyre on my own vehicle so it became a stock item ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, tried a few stores in the UK, none of them deliver to Australia.
Please let me know if you know of any stores that deliver down under.
Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Warren, as it's a current tyre, I would go back to your Audi dealer and any local tyre dealers and insist they pursue it. Sounds like they are spinning you a yarn.I think it is unreasonable of Audi to launch a car in Australia with current tyres, and then have the dealer tell you it's out of stock and suggest you get another brand. Go back to the dealer, tell him the problem of switching 1-2 tyres to another brand, and to do his(insert the usual expletive adjective!) job and locate a tyre for you asap.Frankly, I don't think it is viable to ship from the UK as the air freight cost would be prohibitive, I suspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts