1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I really like the look of this, i doubt it'll cost 22k unless they sell a stripped down entry model.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's aimed at the Q3, X1, Evoque market so it should be priced accordingly.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm really interested to see what BMW do with their next X1, although going by the new 1 series i'm not holding out much hope there

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could live with a X5 and maybe X3 but the X1 is a non starter for me

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Agree with you there Del, test drove one before I knew the Q3 existed. Great deals on them but would you want to drive around in a car that looks like a melted welly with an interior that feels like it came from Lego spare parts!

It's a no from me!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope BMW make a real effort with the new one, make it a mini X5 and they would sell loads.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mercedes?
The build quality went down quite a few years ago. Gone are the days when Mercedes were the brand to own- living on memories, but there again don't we all sometimes

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they have picked up on the quality again these days, but I don't think we will ever see the over engineered quality of 20 years ago.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree on the X1 - really don't like that. The new X4 looks promising although I think its more in Q5 territory than the 3.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Dan but that X4doesn't really do it for me, it just looks like one of their Gran Turismo models with jacked up suspension, it's probably how a GT model should have looked

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well Mercedes have toned down the concept GLA styling some what;

Looks like it's shaped like an X1 but I do think I prefer this more than the BMW..
GLA Forums

Edited by: Dan

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Hmm....... not bad. It's not as clean a shape as the Q3 though, it's a bit like a woman's body - all lumps, bumps and 'oles.

Maybe worth a closer look at a later date.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a disappointment after the stunning concept

·
Registered
184 Posts
Del said:
What a disappointment after the stunning concept
Absolutely!

·
Registered
518 Posts
To me, it seems to be following the BMW X1 concept, i.e looks more like ajacked-up saloon than a 4x4

·
Registered
29 Posts
JUNK!!!
looking like X1 with Merc logo....

my sweet q3

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'll give it the once over in a couple of years when it's time to replace my Q3, hopefully by that time bmw will have a new X1 also

The Q3 is such a great all rounder though, probably the best complete package imo so i'll be keen to see how they facelift it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It will be very expensive when even the basic "extras" are added. I know as I have had 3 M-Bs in the past 14 years.

Edited by: twoaudis

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had a look at the A1 as I had a C Classbefore placing an order for a Q3 and was not impressed that on the AMG sport model the stitching can only be in red and as standard artico "artificial" leather. If the GLA is the same...no thank you! Plus the permanent "tablet" on the dash looks wrong! Do like twin exhaust on the GLA. Pity Q3 do not have this. New Jag XQ looks interesting! Also test drove the X1 25D and the engine / gearbox was really good and pulled well, but even the latest X1 released mid year last year has still a very poor finish inside. They haven't learnt from the first X1 release as the X3 and X5 finish is much better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts