Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI Robbo Good Info Thanks ! That seems to confirm that main beam assist is NOT a standard feature on the Q3 s line model. At least I now know that I am not "missing" something that I thought that I was. Can you confirm that after the Dongle update, the option to turn it off or on within the Automatic Lights section of the mmi appeared ??
[/QUOTE
HI Robbo Good Info Thanks ! That seems to confirm that main beam assist is NOT a standard feature on the Q3 s line model. At least I now know that I am not "missing" something that I thought that I was. Can you confirm that after the Dongle update, the option to turn it off or on within the Automatic Lights section of the mmi appeared ??
hi Ian,
Yes you get the option within the MMI to turn on or off MBA.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nah, your post is pretty informative as it stands KJ, many thanks for the information. (y)
Not a problem Sir whenever I get time I try to help with the right information. Bit again I'm human I can make mistakes so proof reading is always advisable. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi IanQ,
I have a 2019 Q3 SLine 40 tfsi and my car didn't have the High Beam Assist.
I, like you, tried everything in the MMI and found no function for activating HBA.
However I have overcome this problem with purchasing a dongle that you insert into the OBD11 port, it took all of 60 seconds to activate HBA and there is also the function to enable and disable HBA in the MMI.
You only use the dongle once to do the reprogramming and I have had no problems with the function.
I don't know if the dongle is a one time use or if it can be used again and again in different Q3 cars.
I was possibly looking for another member to try out my "used" dongle to see if it can be used in other Q3's and I would charge a small fee to cover postage.
If this was successful then I would possibly "rent" out my dongle for a small fee plus postage. But first I would need someone to try to see if it can be reused.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Neil71

Reactions: Jalees

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Not sure if other brands are available but I've looked at the Kufatec dongles in the past for other coding options and it usually says they can only be used for one vehicle

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Neil. Thanks for your info and also for your offer regarding seeing if your dongle will work on another vehicle. As per Spikes response, my views are also that these are for one use only. I had a bad experience in the past with coding going wrong and I do not want to possibly risk anything going wrong again, particularly on a brand new car. I am sure however that someone else with more experience than me in these matters may feel different and give it a go. Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dongle I used is a Kufatec but it would be good to know if the dongle could be used an a second vehicle, maybe the dongle writes the software to your car then wipes the software from the dongle. Has anyone tried the Kufatec dongle in more than one car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, we have the new 2020 Q3 Vorsprung, I have the same thing, yellow light on starting and goes off at about 20mph.

Another question for you, have you tried the A.Cruise Control yet? When I am on ACC in middle lane of motorway car brakes to match speed of car on inside lane! and then sometimes it does not and cruses by? works fine on single carriageways? you tried the ACC yet? -I'm waiting for Audi to contact me. I will start a new thread on this

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Chin, I do hope you are not one of those people who sits in cruise-mode in the middle lane of the motorway?

ACC does have limitations and if one has a tendency for worry/paranoia then driving suddenly becomes a case of being a 'technology-minder', there will be plenty of this when autonomous EVs are the only choice...enjoy driving whilst you still can. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I played around with ACC just to see the potential.
But verdict is I can not trust ACC.
So I have now forgotten that I even have ACC. :D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The dongle I used is a Kufatec but it would be good to know if the dongle could be used an a second vehicle, maybe the dongle writes the software to your car then wipes the software from the dongle. Has anyone tried the Kufatec dongle in more than one car?
Thanks Neil, just ordered a Dongle - HBA for the RS was in the option pack that included....ACC.

Reactions: Neil1971
21 - 30 of 30 Posts