Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the brochure on page 43 it shows aReversible Luggage Compartment Floor and states it as an extra at 'No charge'.Our Q3 does not have it.Does anybody know if it can be purchased as an after sale accessory; or can it only be ordered with the car?Seems like a great way of having some under floor storage space in the boot for hiding the dog travel extras, shopping bags when not in use and other bits of stuff!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It's a no charge option when you order the car but it does make the boot more shallow. I would speak to your dealer about a retrofit because i'm sure it would be possible. Maybe somebody here could post a few pics of it fitted, my car isn't here yet or i would have been happy to jump out with the camera

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dear All,
Please be aware, that if you do not have the "get you home tyre", the floor is lower and as a result, will not accommodate the rubber mat. One part of the audi spares system advises for raised floors only, while another part of the system advises it is ok!! Went to my local Swindon garage, tried it, and it does not fit!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't have a space-saver tyre (just compressor and sealant) but do have the reversible floor - the boot well is really deep, but it is filled up to the level of the floor with a large polystyrene block with compartments in it (I store tools, hi-viz vest, water etc in it)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jules.Did you order the compartment when you spec'd the car, or did you get it after delivery?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Morse Man said:
Dear All,
Please be aware, that if you do not have the "get you home tyre", the floor is lower and as a result, will not accommodate the rubber mat. One part of the audi spares system advises for raised floors only, while another part of the system advises it is ok!! Went to my local Swindon garage, tried it, and it does not fit!
Hmm... A couple of days ago I thought I had been dreaming that the dealer had promised me such a free rubber mat for the trunk, but that maybe he had forgotten about it. Maybe he really did, but then later realized that it would not fit with my options... Wish I had it, because I often carry some dirty sporting equipment around back there.
Jules said:
I don't have a space-saver tyre (just compressor and sealant) but do have the reversible floor - the boot well is really deep, but it is filled up to the level of the floor with a large polystyrene block with compartments in it (I store tools, hi-viz vest, water etc in it)
On the other hand... does this mean that it still fits? With additional polystyrene block?! Or is that something you have because you have the big subwoofer-thingy?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't have a big sub-woofer fitted - and the Luggage Compartment thing was part (I think) of the Technology Package?)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes - it was:
Reversible luggage compartment floor - one side in high-quality velour, the other with a waterproof, hard-wearing plastic surface. Also includes additional storage compartments under the floor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jules said:
a large polystyrene block with compartments in it (I store tools, hi-viz vest, water etc in it)
As a side issue, remember that on the continent, you need to be able put your hi-viz vest on, in the car, without getting out of the car to get it.

If the French stop you and you don't have the jacket in the car, along with your breathalyser, of, course, you'll get a nice little fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts