Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I bought a 2.0 Stronic S-Line for my wife at the end of March and she absolutely loves it. She has one gripe though - and that is the storage in the boot. On the LHS, there is a piece of trim that has no use whatsoever and I am trying to find out if there is something I can replace it with that makes it more useful. I presume I should have ticked 'luggage kit' or something similar when I ordered the car, but I didn't. I presume there is an equivalent piece of trim with a net covering the empty space?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, I think you can buy a net to cover it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes - I have the "Storage Pack" and there's a low-level net that covers the bottom half of the space...

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is that the item on Amazon is square sided, whereas the gap ain't... I've measured mine and I don't think it will fit. Plus there doesn't seem to be any way of retaining to the piece of trim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jules said:
Yes - I have the "Storage Pack" and there's a low-level net that covers the bottom half of the space...
So I presume that the item you have is exactly the same dimensions as mine, just with a net over it. That's perfect! So the question is whether I can buy that piece separately and how many £100's Audi will ask me for it!

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
The one shown in the link I posted has a wire frame which should bend to accommodate the shape of the aperture (subject to the actual size of the aperture which I don't have yet - fingers crossed!) and fixing should be dead easy - four self-tapping screws or nuts/bolts/washers.

They are available in a range of sizes so hopefully I can find one that fits! I'll post back when mine arrives with the results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gromit said:
The one shown in the link I posted has a wire frame which should bend to accommodate the shape of the aperture (subject to the actual size of the aperture which I don't have yet - fingers crossed!) and fixing should be dead easy - four self-tapping screws or nuts/bolts/washers.

They are available in a range of sizes so hopefully I can find one that fits! I'll post back when mine arrives with the results.
Thanks. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The hole looks a different shape, slightly (sorry for the cropping, it was a photo of the whole boot with under-tray removed!):

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trando said:
Jules said:
So I presume that the item you have is exactly the same dimensions as mine, just with a net over it. That's perfect! So the question is whether I can buy that piece separately and how many £100's Audi will ask me for it!
Hi Trando, I did exactly what you are thinking of and bought the genuine Audi panel & net to replace what was wasted space in the boot. I can't find my invoice but I think it was around the £100 mark. The only difference is that it will come with a hole in the bottom for the additional power socket which comes with the storage pack. My local dealership were brilliant however and sourced a rubber plug which fitted perfectly. Each to their own but personally I can't understand paying a lot of money on a car to then modify it yourself with a couple of bits of twine & tape, ok so I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean

Hope it helps

BilsterEdited by: Bilster1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bilster1 - very useful info. I get the principle... I might pop along to Southampton Audi and see what they've got.
Edited by: Trando

·
Registered
54 Posts
Southampton Audi was where I got mine, the parts man was very helpful and sorted the bung for me.

Cheers

Bilster 1

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Watch when you decide to remove the oil bag, it's using super velcro and now i have a bit of the boot which looks like it needs a shave!
I ended up storing it under the boot floor, fits nicely in there

·
Registered
114 Posts
Trando said:
Thanks Bilster1 - very useful info. I get the principle...  I might pop along to Southampton Audi and see what they've got.
Any update on the price for this? Is it really in the £100 region?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Found my invoice

- Part no. 8U0863989A87A = £99.17 inc vat

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
'OW MUCH???</font>

·
Registered
114 Posts