21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Presuming you mean runflats...ouch for price and I hated them on my 130i and put real tyres on. It would twitch the TC on an even throttle over a dry manhole!!
Mind you, decent tread would last a while(ish).

Absolutely Love the grey one but confusion over service history - yes or no? Easily cleared up though. Also a million miles from here. i have bought ‘unseen’ bikes and cars before but would need more than 5 photos.
Not fussed either way about sunroof actually.
Prices are really good for such an incredible car.

Not back home until 18th and then proper research needed but I’m ever so grateful for your advice, it really is appreciated and shows the value of owners fora.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
RFL = Road Fund Licence David... If a Pano roof isn't on your must-have list then the choice widens considerably, they do brighten and otherwise dark interior...and when open in the summer enable one to enjoy that 5 pot soundtrack...we of course are mature adults and would never stoop to such childish amusement....:p

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That’s fine then John. Ok enough with that sort of figure. Didn’t think Audi did runflats - RFT :rolleyes: not RFL.
i had 8 years of 4.5 litre V8 in my TVR Chimaera so, much as I love the five pot, it will have to be good to match the V8.
Road tunnels are great but the tiny tunnel into Goodwood race circuit is awesome in second. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I am still a 65 year old child. My new Triumph Bonneville has Vance and Hines silencers for extra burble.;) But my old KTM was too loud, even for me.

I was brought up on Golf GTi’s and Corrado VR6’s with coal black interiors so a lack of sunroof doesn’t bother me. I had the pano roof in my X3 and never opened it in three years. It sold my wife on her Mini and she needs it now the aircon is kaput.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Last question.....for now. The current stock market trend is making us sit back for the moment as most of our savings are shares based, although spread across the world (except China - no way would I ever invest in them).

But, to satisfy my wife’s concern/curiosity, when you fill up the RS, what projected range does it give, under normal(ish) driving? We went from 350 in the X3 to 550 in the Q3. Not expecting as high as 550 but somewhere in between would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You are in luck David - it's a 64 litre tank so 14.09 imp gallons, average 28mpg and that'll give you 394 miles - the DIS usually indicates 400 miles. Motorway jaunts around the legal limit get the real world actual fuel consumption up to 31-32mpg.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Thanks John, just.
We have got too used to filling a car up what seems like every three months!
We don’t have any motorways round here so I’d be happy with 28mpg with that performance. It’s hardly critical for our annual mileage but I have to keep her onside.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
The current stock market trend is making us sit back for the moment as most of our savings are shares based, although spread across the world (except China - no way would I ever invest in them).
Too right David, but it's a cracking time (if you haven't already) to think longer-term and use your ISA allowance to buy into an investment ISA before the end of March, while shares are about as valuable as flybuttons, as the units should be well cheap right now but the eventual bounce-back will give you a nice medium-term gain. Just a thought... ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Everything we have are two investment ISAs and a private pension, all with our financial advisers. Plus a few grand in ready cash. We were investing reasonably heavily while working. I get my state pension at the end of August but my wife has to wait another couple of years or so. We got into a bond just after the FTSE crashed to 3900 way back and that really bumped us up At the time.
They have given us great interest rates so far so we are just about gaining it back as we spend it. Theoretically we need to be a bit profligate as we are still increasing, not using it, but will definitely wait until all this current hoohaa settles down to decide on a car as we both need to change (see earlier posts about getting in and out of a Mini at my age :( )

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Ditto, ditto and ditto. :) I received my IFA's recommendations last November but I've been procrastinating ever since and am ****' glad I did. Doing it this month while the markets are so low should give me a nice boost in a year or two.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Certainly a buyers market, I am converting bonds to equities at the moment.

DavidS - have you found an RSQ3 yet?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Not quite...in deepest South Africa until next week....if we get allowed back into the country ;)
Need to check what the stock market has done to our ISAs first and then consider our position. My wife wants to wait it out a bit until everything settles and that might not be so stupid.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
That's my conclusion too. Best wait until they have recovered some at least of their value!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If our guys have been earning their commission they may/should have been tweaking and reacting but maybe this is too much of a world market issue for it to help much. Trumpy didn’t help much today but I am sure this is possibly partly just the city shysters manipulating the market for their own ends,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Massive over reaction by the markets due to uncertainty...will rally over time...but certainly not time to sell anything, just keep buying

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Exactly. Sit on what you have and buy if you have any spare cash to play with. I was just lucky in that my IFA had recommended Mrs G and I use our full ISA allowances this year to top up our investment ISAs but I hadn't acted on it until this week. That means I'll be buying in at stupid low unit values and whatever happens they'll rebound over time so I stand to do quite well out of it at some point in the future.

However, this thread has wandered off topic and it's mostly my fault so I'll shut up and let you lot get back to discussing how to buy cars. :oops:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Checked our savings figures today, now we are back in cheery Blighty.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
No car changing for a while yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Yup, deeply depressing at the moment. All you can do is think long-term and keep it in for a couple of years until the values recover.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Fortunately our planned rearrival in South Africa was the day they closed the borders.
Flight hone was fine so we were lucky enough to get our whole (rather expensive) holiday in without any problems but loads of people we met were having to abandon a week or more to get home and virtually no chance of insurance payouts.

While I was refitting a rear wheel this morning that got punctured two days before we left, it gave me chance to ponder the sense in changing for a while anyway. The car is just fine for what we need and use it for.

Outside of holidays, we are fairly economical anyway so not too stressed. My wife loves cooking and Aldi wine is cheap. Until now, the ‘interest’ was compensating for virtually everything we were withdrawing and my state pension starts paying out at the end of August. We have already had two reassurance emails from our IFA.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
We petrol-heads have a tendency to over-think the car thing - it's a passion on the one hand and simply transport on the other. Being grateful for reliable transport with the ability to enjoy life should be reward-enough as there are plenty of folks going through a pretty torrid time right now.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts