Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Another newbie Q3 Quattro S-Line owner here. I took delivery of my 63 plate on 1st September and I have to say that it has been a real pleasure driving it since. There are a couple of minor irritations like not having key less entry or automatic folding wing mirrors which we had got used to on our previous cars. The car we bought was already pre-specced and ordered by the dealership and we couldn't wait for four months to place a new order and we thought it wouldn't really be that noticeable. Wrong! Its funny what you get used to......

Any hoo - I have a question regarding a 'clunking' noise that has developed over the last couple of days. I'll do my best to explain. Basically when accelerating hard and changing gear quickly (but not Sterling Moss style!) there is a clunking sound which sounds like it is coming from the glove box. At first we thought it was a sunglasses case rattling around in there but turns out it's not that. It happens when changing up through the gears and not down and happens when the clutch is fully depressed. It also seems worse in second gear. It does do it when driving more 'normally' but not as much.

I am waiting for the dealership to call me back to organise when they can look at it (which may be a week apparently). My questions are - has anyone heard of this before and know what it might be? Is it safe to drive? Are we likely to cause more damage by driving it around (hubby has to go to work)?

Any help gratefully received.
Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi and welcome, there are a number of threads from quattro owners that have vibration and clunks, hv a look through the forum topics.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you have concerns over driving it then just take it back and ask them to look at it straight away. Don't bother listening to the dealers excuses, turn up at your dealership and make them check it

I've had no noises from my quattro equipped car so it must be somehting loose or maybe something left on from the transporter. Oh and welcome before i ramble on

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Welcome to the forum - sorry you're having a bit of an issue.

That clunk doesn't sound like any problem previously reported here. I agree with Reilsab - get it to the Audi dealer pronto and get it diagnosed. That way they can tell you straight away if it's safe to drive if nothing else, and get it booked in for repair under warranty. If it isn't safe they'll probably offer you a loan car until yours is done - if not, bloody well demand one.

Good luck, and don't let it put you off the Q3!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

I have looked through the forum topics but like Gromit says there are no issues the same as mine.

I'm not the sort of person who gets fobbed off easily so you can rest assured that they WILL be looking at my car before the week is out. I don't spend that sort of money without expecting them to bow down on their knees!

It certainly won't put me off the car. It's a mechanical object and I accept that things do go wrong but it can be sorted. Its a tad annoying as we have only had it for a short while but as long as its sorted without too much aggravation I shall be OK.

I'll keep you posted....

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
razzledazzle said:
I don't spend that sort of money without expecting them to bow down on their knees!
I agree entirely, but I don't think the young saleslady who sold me my Q3 would be QUITE that accommodating....

(Ahem)

I hope it's a quick and simple fix and that it'll be rectified soon.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This post reminds me of a previous post. Audi service reception is just a person who books your car in and has no understanding of the problem or consequences.

Surely customer service should have some sort of understanding of the issue raised and be able to reassure you that it was okay to wait, or invite you along to check it out.
At the end of the day you have paid a lot of money for your new car- 'pride and joy' springs to mind.

When I pointed out once that I was not sure if the car was fit to drive, I was told to turn out Audi assist- oh well you can't win them all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts