Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,l have a problem with the loud sound from parking brake after i apply some water to the brake pad and park for more than 3 hours before the first driving off,the problem started after few week i bought the car ,i wash the car during night and the next morning after i start the engine and release the brake and when the car start moving there is a loud sound from the rear brake .My local dealership still checking the problem.anyone having the same problem ?Thank you

Q3 2.0 TFSI Glacier White

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi
It's just the brake pads sticking to the disc with a bit of surface rust, to stop the problem give the car a run and use the brakes quite a bit after you have washed it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This is pretty much the norm for any vehicle to be honest. I park mine in the garage so i leave the handbrake off but i do always give it a quick spin after washing to dry the brakes out as Del says.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Absolutely normal - my last 3 cars (2 SAABs, 1 Jaguar) have all done it. As already stated, it is due to a thin layer of rust forming on the brake discs (rotors to those of you residing west of the Scilly Isles
) which creates the sound as it rubs off against the brake pads. Nothing to worry about at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts