Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as you can tell im new here but currently looking at purchasinga Q3 to upscale from our hatchback car. Are there any recommendations on 'must have' extras which improve comfort and ride? also im a big stuck on colour and dont really know whats the most popular or best to get as most of the colours seem quite dull. Finally any suggestions on deals and best way to get price down on this car as i will be buying on PCP. Much appreciated all!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, good choice if you go for the Q3, really comfortable car to drive. We went for the standard entry model and have been very impressed. Some say the ride on the S-Line models can be a little harsh.

There is a reviews section of this forum which may help. http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/owners-reviews_topic88.html

Extras wise, we went for the LED running lights as these really set the car apart from the competition, other wise depends how deep your pockets are as the extras list can mount up quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the reply, will take that advice into consideration. Am really tempted to get the Panoramic sunroof too but as you say the bill could mount up to be quite high but im willing to pay the extra for a quality built car that i will keep for the longer term.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love my Q3 - in my opinion the spare wheel is essential and the folding mirrors are very useful too. I have the quattro version as we live in a rural location.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did test drive the S Line Q3 the other day and it didnt seem too harsh on the bumps but maybe that is because i also own a TTRS which is a very stiffride, in an ideal world a proper test drive would be a much longer journey to feel how much of an impact it makes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi ,I have the S.line and for them few extra pounds really worth the xtras you get , I also had the pan roof which also tilts and opens , it's brilliant , and the ride is the same no difference in suspension unless you opt for the free sportier suspension which I didn't . Happy hunting

·
Registered
137 Posts
The pan roof is the only thing that, had I spec'd form factory, I would have added to my spec. I didn't need the sat nav, but it came with it. The mobile prep is cool (as I think people look odd with things stuck in their ears), BUT, bum warmers for me are essential!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiSE and S Line have the same suspension, an S Linewith the no cost Lowered suspension maybe a bit harsher.The £75 Space Saver is a must have.Folding Mirrors are very useful as is the Parking System Plus.I miss the Cruise Control from my old car and would spec that next time around.If you like your music then the Audi Sound System is worth having.I love my Panoramic Roof, if you spec the roof then you have tohave theLED Interior Light Pack, which is very nice and still worth having without the roof.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There must be no two Q3's alike with the choices available from Audi.

If you go for an SE might be worth adding on full colour paint. I think i'm the only person to have specced the folding front pass seat
. Been really useful for trips to the tip and ikea trips, makes a handy table (alright maybe i'm pushing it there)

You get bigger wheels with the S-Line, wither that reduces ride comfort is a personal choice

·
Registered
36 Posts
31 days and counting until i get my hands on mine (spec below)
I am starting to regret not getting the panoramic sunroof but i had to draw the line somewhere as all the added extras I have ordered are coming out at around 7K. and it's my money, not a company car!!
I really do think the extras you get as standard on the S Line are well worth the money, but obviously it depends on your budget, i'm very fortunate that my mortgage is paid off and the children have flown the coop so its just me and my other half at home now.
Whatever you decide i'm sure you will be more than happy with your choice.
Roll on 1st March

·
Registered
137 Posts
I must be the only one who doesn't have a spare wheel. But then, if I lose a tyre, that's what RAC is for...call me a girl.....!
BTW, I agree about the S-line - it's my own money too, but well worth the extras. Mine doesn;t have DAB radio, so if yiu liek your sport, as we do, get it up front as can;t be retro fitted. Beloved is not best pleased with me.

Jan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the reccomendations people, will really help with narrowing down exactly what i want from the spec.

Edited by: Patrizio72

·
Registered
563 Posts
Something I forgot earlier, I know Jan mention Phone Prep but all Q3's come with bluetooth as standard so unless you need the additional features ofMobile Phone Pre High or LowI would stick with the standard Bluetooth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with an earlier post that the colour choices are poor. My wife wants palace blue at an extra £1200 on the metalic paint cost. Has anyone gone forthis or a special colour

·
Registered
563 Posts
In some ways the colour choice is poor, though I'm very happy with Daytona
As somebody has mentioned before, you cannot buy a Q3 in red, not my choice but it is a popular colour.Personally I would not pay £1200 for special paint

·
Registered
613 Posts
Good to see another Caribou Brown purchaser!

DAB Radio was something I thought about, but coverage is terrible locally, and not really being developed much.
No spare wheel for me either Jan!Edited by: Jules

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im just gutted Audi only offer a limited colour range, there isnt even a nice brighter blue or turquoise version. Its not as if they have given a range of colours across the spectrum, its mainly made of greys blacks browns and you still have to payover £500 for them anyway...

Edited by: Patrizio72

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Samoa orange is a bright colour
Not my cup of tea though!

In these adverse weather conditions (snow / ice), the Hill descent control is an interesting option and one I nearly went for. Much safer when slowly descending, especially on bends. £195 against a possible insurance claim- Hmmm!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SETIG said:
The Samoa orange is a bright colour
Not my cup of tea though!

In these adverse weather conditions (snow / ice), the Hill descent control is an interesting option and one I nearly went for. Much safer when slowly descending, especially on bends. £195 against a possible insurance claim- Hmmm!!!
Yeah im not keen on orange cars but at least offer a few alternative blues and reds...

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I hadnt bought a stock car would have added HDC, had it as standard on a Freelander 2 and was very good, a bit off putting a first but soon got used to it. Also the spacer saver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts