Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to buy a used 2013 Q5 2.0 Diesel Quattro S-Line with 52K miles and I asked the salesperson if the timing belt was in need of replacing any time soon.

He told me that it didn't need to be replaced until 150K.

This seems very high; is he correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got an official email reply from Audi saying -

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your email. I can confirm the reccomended intervals for the timing belt to be changed, is every 5 years or 140’000 miles whichever comes first for the above vehicle. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below

Kind regards
Mohammed
Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
Email [email protected]

·
Registered
732 Posts
Did you mean Q3 or Q5?

The same should apply but, yes, they sneaked in the 5 year bit but it’s not in the service book.

On that basis, it should have been done or, whoever you are getting it from should do it for you or discount the price as it’s pretty expensive. Preferably get Audi’s price knocked off then get it done by a good indie.

Get the water pump changed at the same time while it’s apart.

Reactions: stephenco1

·
Super Moderator
5,816 Posts
Seconded! With pretty much all but the really high milers the five-year point will arrive before the mileage limit is reached and do make sure it is done one way or t'other, together with the water pump change. If a belt were ever to let go the results would be neither pretty nor cheap. :eek:

Reactions: stephenco1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you mean Q3 or Q5?
The same should apply but, yes, they sneaked in the 5 year bit but it’s bot in the service book.
On that basis, it should have been done or, whoever you are getting it sfrom should do it for you or disciunt the price as it’s pretty expensive. Preferably get Audi’s price knocked off then get it done a good indie.
Get the water pump changed at the same time while it’s apart.
Apologies, I meant Q3 David.
Yes, I'm a little annoyed at having to do this before I've even taken possession of the car but dealer has agreed to pay part of the cost which takes some of the pain out of it 😀. He's fitting a couple of new tyres, discs and pads all round, service and the belt, water pump and tensioner with me contributing £400 which is fair enough. Incidentally, our own Audi dealer in Belfast are doing a promotion for a belt etc replacement for £500 inc VAT in case anyone else is wondering about the cost. This may be a UK promotion, I don't know.

·
Registered
732 Posts
(y)
I think £500 inc VAT is good. IIRC around £650 or even more is normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts