Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at one tomorrow tdi S-LINE, 63 plate 79k
Anything look out for?
Has full dealer service history, no idea of cambelt change and also never had haldex service..... Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, and welcome,
It should have had a couple of Haldex services and also had the DSG (if it is S-tronic) serviced.
I'm sure others will chip in with other stuff to check, but generally a pretty reliable car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Please could you provide a fuller specification of the Q3.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, its got dealer history but no idea of haldex, owners non the wiser, 6 speed manual, is haldex quite easy to do, if so I'll do it myself, also seen something about the haldex pump screen that gets clogged and can be cleaned once pump is removed.... But if its working ok, might just get the oil and filter (if it has one) and change it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please could you provide a fuller specification of the Q3.
Going view tomorrow, its 63 plate q3 s line, now has 79k on it, guys had it since September 2016......purchased from Arnold Clark when it was 3 years old

·
Registered
475 Posts
There have been reported problems with the manual gearbox. I would check to see if gearbox/bell housing/clutch has been replaced and listen carefully for any unusual gearbox noises. If it has a sunroof then check it has been serviced. Basically, if the Q3 has been regularly serviced by a dealer or a proficient indie then it is pretty much bullet proof.

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
The Haldex issue is an important one. If they can't find any trace of it being serviced, make it a condition of sale that it is properly done.

Reactions: Vw754

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
And properly means removing the pump and cleaning the gauze filter that is likely covered with gunge,,,,

Reactions: Vw754

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Haldex issue is an important one. If they can't find any trace of it being serviced, make it a condition of sale that it is properly done.
Ive seen that on here about removing the pump, seems pretty straightforward.... Im buying privately so will do it myself..... Is there a filter to do as well for the haldex like the mk1 audi TT had?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
How much oil does haldex take?
Think your prospective car will have the Gen5 Haldex and a service will need just under 850 ml.
This company sell the special oil and O rings for the pump. -
If it's one of the last cars with the Gen4 unit you would also need the small cartridge filter and the service procedure is slightly different

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, get my parts from tps, so I'll have right parts,.... Hopefully, thanks for the info..... Hope cars not a 🍋 when i go view 😊

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, how did the look go?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the car!!
Hpi it, only came up with finance..... I rang the finance company, with seller with me, i got a figure off the finance company, and paid it all from my bank account

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im struggling with the v5.
Hpi that i did asks for the v5 issue date, which when i try...... Says 'not matched'. The serial number matches and so does the chassis 🤔🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
475 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is to contact the DVLA. There are numerous reasons why the date could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The Q3 was most likely on a personal plate, have a look at this thread: HPi issue

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only thing I can suggest is to contact the DVLA. There are numerous reasons why the date could be wrong.
Thinking its not been updated on dvla site, because v5 is dated 06/06/2020
As guys taken off private plate, and got v5 back a week or so ago

1 - 20 of 22 Posts