Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a 177 sline tdi Quattro. Loved the gearbox and drive.
So cutting a long story short the dealer offered a phantom black sline, it hasn't got a load of options but it is in vehicle parc ready to go.
Reading about how the cars are just being updated - DAB radio and so on should I change my mind and order one with exactly the spec I want?

Reading the forum it seems most people wait ages, yet there are cars in the uk so have I missed something?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you are not to bothered about getting the exact spec you need or want then there are cars in the system for immediate delivery. If you want a new car to your exact spec then you'll be looking at a wait. I waited 3 months because the cars on offer either had stuff i didn't want to pay for or didn't have the stuff i was prepared to pay for

First time i ever ordered a new car which had to be made the way i wanted it..

·
Registered
613 Posts
What is the gap between the options you want, and the car ready to buy?

There are a few items that are "must haves" in my opinion (and that opinion seems shared by a few!) - if you are buying the car to own for a reasonable period of time, it may be worth the wait now to get the car that you want - because if in a few monthsyou wish you had folding mirrors, it'll be too late and/or too expensive to change (classic example is for aSpare Wheel!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, to be honest you have to live with the car and if there are things like DAB that for you are must haves then specing the car or searching for one with the spec you need is the way to go.

I wish we'd had leather as the kids are making a right mess on the cloth seats even with autoglym protection...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the responses.

Yes I would prefer the folding mirrors but it isn't a deal breaker. Bose would be brilliant etc etc. But nothing a really must have.

I am reassured by your responses - I think I'll have a chat with the dealer - one thing I will change for sure is I agreed the GAP insurance and that is daft - as it appears to be nearly three and half times the cost of the one advertised here (ALA).

I think the spec on the S line with the auto box is surprisingly good for an audi. So I think I'll stick with it - been in an A2 for years before this so it is quite an upgrade!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GOT IT - love it - standard sound system is so much better than they the ones form 8 years ago. The Bose in my old A3 was great but this is super fine!
Love the car - thought I was getting the reversible floor but heck!
The best bit is driving down roads I know I was slaloming around the rough bits/holes and forgetting that they are there - and still having a car that drive! Bit weird with the S-tronic how it keeps stopping the engine but I'll get used to it.
Just wow - what a car - knocks everything I've driven or seen recently into a cocked hat and yesterday the car park at work had a Bowler landrover a Mclaren MP4 12c a Jag XF RS a Jag F Type and I honestly don't think any of them looked as good as this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts