Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know the best way to get my iTunes music onto an SD card. I,ve managed to do it but keep getting 2 versions of each song but the MMI display say that one version is damaged. Does anyone have a more elegant solution?
Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
How did you copy the iTunes library in the first place?
I just navigated to the iTunes Media folder, and copied the folders and files from there - I was wondering where the duplicates came from....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Assume you were using an Apple product ... If so ... I have just bought my Q3 and loaded up some music tracks onto the SD card. I also using an Apple iMac and it is not obvious that when copying files from the Apple to a local drive e.g. SD card / USB then Apple takes the liberty of adding several other folders & files to your local drive device. I didn't realise this fact until I examined the devices on a windows PC. You can't see these files on the Apple because they are hidden (unless you display hidden files that is).
For each music track copied from your iTunes media folder, Apple also splits off the resource fork for that file and calls the new filename the same but adds a prefix of ._ (dot underscore).
I have spent a long time searching Apple forums but it appears there is no quick method inside Apple to stop these duplicate files. Thus I reverted to writing a simple batch program in Windows ehich I can run on a device that has been used on my iMac.
Hope this info helps out ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts