·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Can anyone help with a question I have about Q3 options, I've just
placed an order for the S-Line Q3, one of the options I added was
High-Beam-Assist , after going over the spec again I've noticed that
High-Beam-Assist replaces Light and Rain Sensor in the write up ? . Can anyone tell me if the
High-Beam-Assist removes Light and Rain Sensor option from the vehicle. I still have time to tweek my spec and would rather keep the Light and Rain Sensor over the High Beam option.Many thanks

</font>

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure if it does but I'm intrigued why you want this. Isn't this a cost that benefits other road users in certain circumstances, would a driving comfort not be a better spend??

·
Registered
65 Posts
According to the latest price list UK spec includes light and rain sensor as standard and the high beam assit is in addition as an option. That's how it was on my Q3 but delivered Sept 2012. However you have to have either the optional Comfort Pack or optional auto dimming rear view mirror (either on its own or as a part of the Comfort Pack) if you want the high beam assist. Part of Audi's complex pattern of tying options together increasing the cost. Check with the dealer though to be sure, preferably by email so you have a written record for when you take delivery!

The driver benefit is that you can concentrate on the road in pitch black conditions letting the car switch from full to dip for you. High beam assist works very well on unlit country roads but I have used it literally only once. Not sure I would bother again.
Edited by: drjamesr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts