Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old Leicester Audi dealer was right in the centre of town, and there was never any parking, and the whole site was a bit run-down. About 8 months ago, they moved to a brand-new site just on the outskirts of Leicester, near the M1 exit - much more accessible.

My first visit today to drop my 8 month old car in for it's first service (18,455 miles recorded) - and so far I am very impressed!

As I parked in a vacant space, a nice lady came out to tell me about the "drive-in" servicing bays - where you drive the car up to an up-and-over door and into a covered and tiled area with big glass windows either side (Workshop on the left, Showroom on the right) - then under cover the keys were handed over and I was taken for a chat to discusss the work to be carried out.

I was offered coffee and a sticky cake, then a taxi was called (at Audi's expense)to take me to work, and a 3pm appointment made to collect me from work.

All the staff were very pleasant (especially the one who saidshe was glad to see a Q3 in acolour other than Black, White or Grey!)- and the showroom was full of the complete range of shiny Audis!

Probably the best dealer experience I have ever had, so far - and I'm an ex Mercedes devotee (back when Mercedes actually did do good Customer Service)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
End of the day pick-up was almost as good as the drop-off - car was waiting under cover, cleaned, hoovered and tidy.
No work needed to be done, and still 4mm on front tyres, 6mm on rears.
Staff all really friendly and served proper coffee while I waited. Yes, that was done properly.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a quick addition! Less than a month after the service, the "Washer Fluid" warning has just come on again - which strongly indicates that it wasn't re-filled on the service...
And still haven't received the touch-up paint stick they promised me yet, either - e-mail chase-up tomorrow, methinks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Most dealers charge for the washer fluid, check your invoice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Shame really. They go that extra mile to impress you and let things slip by a couple of small issues.

Bring back the old dealers where you got to speak to the mechanic who worked on your car!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember being given an invoice to check (it's a company car, so I wasn't paying!) - but I will check the service book etc tonight and see what it says.

I have sent off a chaser e-mail today anyway, so lets see that famous Audi Customer Service swing into action....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropped back into Leicester today for the remedial work to be carried out - apparently the springs on the "curry hooks" in the boot are defective and need replacing, but they are currently in "short supply" so won't be available for 7 to 10 days!

An Caribou Brown touch-up paint sticks are a special mix, so they still haven't got any of them either...

But in other news... there is a March 2013 Sat Nav update, and that's being applied!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curry Hooks in the boot fixed... Still no paint stick, and Sat Nav update on order (£200 for the update) - but a very clean car and lots of attentive staff!

Need to re-book for an hour's visit to upload the Satnav DVD to the Hard Disk, so the story continues!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
My curry hooks went all loose after a few uses, they are pretty crap. Will get them looked at come service time along with my dodgy fuel flap.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI - Apparently they can remove the existing hook unit and tighten the springs without installing a new item...
I was looking at a 7-10 day delay to get the Brown-coloured hooks that match my interior, but they were advised by Audi centrally to make the adjustment, and it looks, and feels, as good as new to me

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Thanks Jules, i might have a go at this myself. My hooks just flap about

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2013 SatNav update being applied now... Latte and a sticky bun while I wait, and free wifi...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... and the saga continues... After waiting over an hour for the 30-minute job to be completed, apparently my car wouldn't accept the update, so the details and error codeshave been sent back to Audi for further investigation!

Now awaiting a call back from Audi as to when I can re-visit for another attempt.

I am guessing the map update to the "Full Fat" Sat Nav isn't a very common request.

They have said I can "Jump the queue" for a courtesy car though - so I don't have to keep on going back to see them and being sent away empty-handed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
After seeing you were getting the update I thought I would arrange to get mine done but it sounds like I should hang on till we see if they get you sorted...thanks for keeping us in the loop.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At one point the Audi man said they weren't even sure they could do the update - something to do with the amount of Hard Disk space required by the update exceeding the disk space available?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been assured that the fix has now been given to Audi for the Sat Nav update... I'll be going back in on Wednesday, and leaving the car with them all day this time, as they still don't sound confident!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, good news! The deed is done... I now have a set of 2013 maps... and a nice box to prove it...

Now I just need to see if the new A46 exists on the map!
Apparently another software update was needed to make it work...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to add - I've yet to see any improvement in mapping from the 2013 update (£240 cost) - the A46 to Lincoln still isn't on it - Waze Smartphone app (£0 cost) is up-to-date!

And had a call today to advise the Caribou Brown touch-up stick has arrived - going to fetch it lunch-time...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts