Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VCDS virgin here. Wish to upgrade from bulb tail lights to LED option but, of course, that will trigger a bulb warning unless coded.

Now got VCDS cable new from Gendan and have had a look but cannot see any obvious coding change. I can see which controller is involved (9) but nothing beyond that.

Have done a couple of small tweaks including upping the number of flashes on convenience on the indicators as I feel the standard 3 is too few.

Any help in getting this sorted would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold as the upgrade kit by an Audi main dealer but the installation booklet quotes recoding required and I get bulb warnings.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The Audi A1 has the same generation electronics as our cars so this coding procedure is worth a try - http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73970Always save ascan of the control module before changing anythingI have factory fit led rear lights on my car and under subsystem 2, the code is 02006E so the A1 procedure looks promising.Also spotted that you can code the rear lights to come on with the daytime running lights which has some positivesLet us know how you get on

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cracked it, error codes cleared and no bulb warnings cropping up

Feeling a lot happier now than I was yesterday, felt like binning lights and VCDS!

It is indeed byte 18. the code on the Q3 for halogens is 7E, that needs to be changed to 80.

Codes are:

00: Standard/Parameter settings
6C: A1 (8X) Halogen RoW
7E: Q3 (8UB) Halogen/Norm tails/ RoW DRL
7F: Q3 (8UB) Halogen/Norm tails/Scand DRL
80: Q3 (8UB) Halogen/LED tails/ RoW DRL
81: Q3 (8UB) Halogen/LED tails/Scand DRL
6A: Q3 (8UB) Bi-Xenon/NAR tails/DRL
84: Q3 (8UB) Bi-Xenon/LED tails/DRL
85: Q3 (8UB) Bi-Xenon/LED tails/Scand DRL
23: Q3 (8UG) Bi-Xenon/Norm tails/DRL
27: Q3 (8UG) LED/LED tails/DRL