Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,
I’m new to site having just purchased a 2015 RSQ3. Great community you have going on here!

I would like to upgrade the reverse light bulbs to a cleaner more modern looking LED version.
Has anyone done this?
I’ve recently purchased some LED W16W wedge bulbs only to find they arrived with resistor that needs to wired in. I have no intention to butchering the wiring loom and simply looking for good quality direct replacement that ls bright and looks whiter than the candles Audi fit.

Any help, comments or pointers much appreciated!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am sorry I can't help you as my Q3 is a lowly 45tfsi. However, there are numerous RSQ3 owners on this site who will have your RSQ3 upgraded in no time flat. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site. I am sorry I can't help you as my Q3 is a lowly 45tfsi. However, there are numerous RSQ3 owners on this site who will have your RSQ3 upgraded in no time flat. Good luck with your quest.
Cheers Mwcltd!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Bulbs listed in this post have been used by a few members and have been error free

Cheers Spike

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

This is something Spike sourced about five years ago and was first trialed by my old sparring partner BoxBrownie. His success prompted several other members including myself to try them with complete success. The full story is covered in detail by this thread and the bulbs are these from xenonbulbs.co.uk. They are a straight replacement for the standard bulbs and at 800 lumens are about three times brighter than them. As previously stated, I fitted mine nearly five years ago and they have been totally problem-free ever since with no additional resistors to fit and no CANBUS issues either.

Best and (almost) simplest mod I've ever done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts