Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guysneed some advice on this one, as I've asked my Audi dealership and they have yet to reply....I have on order a Q3 S-line, so it comes with xenon lights etc, does anyone know if this includes the interior led light package, I can see you can order the package when ordering the SE version but it doesn't appear available as an option within the configurator of the S-Line, so am I to assume its included or am I being blind and stupid?thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, bugger that's a shame and typically I have just found the option on the extras, I swear yesterday it wasn't there, (honest guv) £245 gets you the package, my dealer emailed yesterday to advise mine's being built this week so probably a bit late to halt production, still if I plug some fairy lights into the cigarette lighter I could have a cheaper version......oh bloddy ****, just remembered I asked for the non smoking package DUH!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! I also have the no smoking package, and the cigarette lighter was replaced with a 12 volt socket!

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
You'll still be able to plug in your fairy lights (sweetie!) - the non-smoking option consists merely of leaving out the lighter element and ashtray. The socket is left alone, just with a "12v" marked cover fitted.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes the LED light package is very nice, shame you missed out.

I don't know why anybody deletes the smoking pack, the ashtray makes a nice waste bin and you actually lose a 12v socketso it helps Audi save a few quid.

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
You don't lose any 12v sockets (mine has the non-smoking option and a full complement of 'em) - they just leave the cigar lighter element and ashtray out (freeing up the second cupholder) and re-label the lighter socket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know if the led light package can be installed by audi after delivery ? At the advertised cost of £245

·
Registered
563 Posts
Gromit said:
You don't lose any 12v sockets (mine has the non-smoking option and a full complement of 'em) - they just leave the cigar lighter element and ashtray out (freeing up the second cupholder) and re-label the lighter socket.

You do, mine has the smoking element socket and the additional 12v socket on the centre console, so you lose one.
Edited by: Del

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Oh, I see - my apologies.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Grant Flash said:
Does anyone know if the led light package can be installed by audi after delivery ? At the advertised cost of £245

No this wouldn't be possible, however it is possible to change some interior bulbs yourself.

·
Registered
234 Posts
In spite of being ordered ***-free mine came with the ashtray, lighter and 2 12v sockets. Having chucked the ashtray & lighter I now have 3 12v sockets and 2 coffe holders. Must get a plugin Champagne chiller. Mind you, I will have to be careful going round bends not to spill a drop.

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
twoaudis said:
... Must get a plugin Champagne chiller. Mind you, I will have to be careful going round bends not to spill a drop.
This is why you should never drink and drive - you spill it all in your lap. Anyway, where are you going to find plugin champagne for that chiller?

·
Registered
563 Posts
twoaudis said:
In spite of being ordered ***-free mine came with the ashtray, lighter and 2 12v sockets. Having chucked the ashtray & lighter I now have 3 12v sockets and 2 coffe holders. Must get a plugin Champagne chiller. Mind you, I will have to be careful going round bends not to spill a drop.

You could always put a nice Audi LED torch in the lighter holder...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-LED-Torch-Light-Cigarette-Socket-12V-/161135386570?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item25846adfca

I think mine was cheaper than this though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your input guys, as they say hind site is a wonderful thing, never mind, still thrilled to be getting my Q3 in a few weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts