Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got the LED interior light package, here is the spec according to the brochure...

LED interior light package. Glare-free illumination of the interior thanks to energy-saving, durable LED technology. Consists of an ambient lighting strip in the roof module, door sill illumination, as well as illuminated exterior door handles, vanity mirrors, storage compartment in the centre console and cup holders. Also features lighting for the door pockets, footwells, inside door handles, uplit centre console and door inner panels and active door reflectors. Included in Xenon light package

I have the light package, but I do not have illuminated exterior door handles, anybody else have this missing ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have illuminated interior handles, this is covered in the third lineof the description, but the part I have highlighted in line 2 definitely implies the exterior handles should be illuminated

·
Registered
92 Posts
yep - mine dont light up either - i dont have the roof lights either but thatmust be because of the sunroof

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will contact my salesman when he gets back in the new year.
I have the sunroof and LED roof lights front and back. Edited by: Del

·
Registered
188 Posts
My BMW had them in the exterior door handles, acted like 'puddle lights', I know a few other cars (including the Evoque) do it too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have just ordered a Q3 with the LED pack, and I agree the spec clearly says illuminated exterior door handles. Audi have the technology for this, check out this youtube vid for the R8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaSc-4kEDnQ

Would appreciate clarification, Del, when you get it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
There is a new Pricing and Specification Guide out, dated January 2012. The illuminated exterior door handles are no longer included!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Ron,

I made a post earlier on the exterior door handles on the LED light pack. They are not and never have been included. Got this from the Q3 product manager at Audi UK today. The new Q3 brochure (Dec 11) still states the exterior door handles are included! This is a basic error on Audi's part. I only hope there are no other "Translation" problems!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Morse Man said:
Hi Ron,
They are not and never have been included. Got this from the Q3 product manager at Audi UK today. The new Q3 brochure (Dec 11) still states the exterior door handles are included! This is a basic error on Audi's part. I only hope there are no other "Translation" problems!!
We all must try & get some compensation or money off as IT CLEARLY STATES THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE BROCHURE & THAT IS WHAT I ORDERED THE LED LIGHT PACKAGE FOR. IS THIS MISSELLING ON AUDI'S PART.I highlighted issues with the wheel options in the brochure to Audi but the same mistakes are still in print & on the web site.Any thoughts from members(Legal or Traiding standards) on this subject? P.SI'm still waiting for my S Line that was ordered on the first day the order books opened.

Edited by: S Line

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a small amount of legal knowledge, and fwiw here are my thoughts. I do share your sentiments and frustration on this but the realitiesI think are as follows

1 The inclusion or otherwise of exterior LED lights on the handles is not "material" in the grand scheme of things
2 I don't think it is deliberate mis-selling, more a change of detail that wasn't worth a reprint of the price list. If one wants to debate "mis-selling" then let's look at fuel consumption figures, but that's another subject.
3 With any car or any product ordered on a distance selling basis, you have the issue of either cancelling the order, citing misrepresentation (though the misrepresentationislikely notsufficiently material to justify the drastic remedy of cancellation), or if you had taken delivery and subsequently found the door handle problem, youmight be able to "reject" the car and basically repudiate (ie cancel) the contract and ask for your money back. Again, the dealer would argue that the misrepresentation was not material and therefore not grounds for rejection (with some justification, no doubt)

All in all, it's infuriating, and I think the best you could do is to get the dealer to waive the charge for the LED lighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new Q3 and opted for the LED pack. I am amazed that there is no LED lighting where it is most needed i.e. Ignition key entry point. The interior is beautifully lit inside apart from where you need to put the key which is pitch black!
Are they all like this or have I had some missed out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Q3 s line without the LED light package. The front interior light is a different unit from the LED unit part No: 8X0947135 AG 6PS

Does anybody know if the LED unit can be retrofitted to replace the non LED

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
Piereb said:
I have a Q3 s line without the LED light package. The front interior light is a different unit from the LED unit part No: 8X0947135 AG 6PS

Does anybody know if the LED unit can be retrofitted to replace the non LED
I'm not sure, but many things are possible to retrofit. The Price of the Unit is in Germany € 135,07

·
Registered
2 Posts
In reference to the Interior LED Ambient Lighting pack on the Q3.
Does anyone know if the lastest S-line Models 2013/14 have the LED's fitted in the doors etc. but just turned off in the Green Menu somewhere? The S-line has Xenon lights but no ambient interior lighting.
It seems like more work for Audi to pick and choose between door handles with / without LED's fitted at such a small cost difference, after all this cost could still be charged on to the customer without their knowledge.Any advice greatly received.

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
(imho) As far as I can remember, Audi did mostly not alter the cable (bundles). Just like my A4, the cable is there (in the doors) but no device that is for the light bulb.
How it's nowadays with all the led lightnings, I don't know.
Somebody with exces to E T K A is able to find out for you if the cable in your Q3 is there. If yes, you only need the light devices and to chance the settings with VCDS.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had a quick look at the on-line parts catalogue (found link on the Forum) and I think there is only one interior wiring harness for RHD cars. Also, there does not appear to be a secondary harness required for the LED front reading lamp assy so with a bit of luck it may be plug and play.There are however several versions of the lamp unit (mainly colour dependant) and some 'extra' bits for the panoramic roof, movement sensor and microphone etc which I guess you either don't need or can transfer from your old unit. These Option codes may help to translate the parts info -QQ1 - LED light pack6NQ - Black headlining3FU - Panoramic roofLink for lamp assy is here - http://www.partscats.info/audi/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=au&number=1092&set=1094&ein=2013&f=728&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=9&grf=094700708&bf=94700&hgug=947&ug=47&parent_id=2056340Sorry I could not open your A1oc link so am not sure if this info is duplicated

Cheers Spike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts