Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone kind enough to (attempt!) to post some photos of the interior LEDS? I know it might prove difficult to show in a photo but would be appreciated!
Ta

·
Registered
613 Posts
Anything in particular you want to see?

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark - this is what I needed! I'm lucky enough to be getting a replacement Q3 after 2 weeks due to an issue with tailgate misalignment. It means I can add those bits which I didn't think necessary but might add to the car (like this LED interior lighting as it does seem a tad dull without it). And of course I can add the infamous spare wheel that I think 50% of people don't realise it comes without.Jules - this video gives a nice perspective so saves you the trouble!
As you are both experienced owners, what options that you have are you most impressed with?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Steve
You're welcome. I did not order too many extras, but did get the spare wheel! I added Xenon lights witch also includes the interior LED package. They are expensive but my commute is two hours each way on unlight winding A roads and I have to say they work very well.
The Bose speakers I'd say are pretty good, but not sure they are worth the money. I got cruise control and have used it quite a bit and glad I ticked the box (not sure what it's like with a manual box though). Colour DIS is nice and I speced it in case I added SD sat nav as it will enhance the display in the DIS for Sat Nav directions. I do wish I'd negotiated sav nav as part of the deal and now regretting not doing so. I did this as I already have a perfectly good garmin with lifetime map updates, but it is a phaff having to plug it in, looks messy, especially when I look at the pop up screen in the dash and think I could be using that more. I also went for DAB radio as at the time of ordering it was the Government's view that analogue radio was to be switched off around 2015, within the lifetime of the car (my ownership). This date has now been reviewed and although DAB is being heavily plugged on TV at the mo there is no end date to analogue transmission. It does work well, sounds good and seamlessly (in most cases) autotunes from DAB to FM if you loose signal. I would expect though there will be deals to upgrade when analogue gets switched off. Like the colour DIS I thought of this option in the light of future proofing the car and residual value. Who knows if it would make any difference though.
Happy specing
Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Mark, just had to comment on the lack of extras you didn't order:

Xenon Lights
Bose speakers
Colour DIS
Sports Seats
Leather
DAB radio
Cruise control

Well done from staing away from all the extras, sounds like a lovely car though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
<div style="text-align: left;">Hi SteveW,<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">If you are looking at good extra's, suggest you go for Hill Hold Assist. Previous posts by others have confirmed this is a really good add on. As far as I can remember costs £95. I have this and once you know how to use it correctly it is great.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Mark, good point you make. I wondered why the salesman have been my best mate for the last few months :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mark, I forgot an option
, foldering wing mirrors.Steve, I've not had folding mirrors before and have been pleased with them. There is another thread where some have expressed disappointment that they do not auto fold/unfold with the ignition. I quite like the manual (turn of the knob) operation as it means I can fold prior to squeezing into the garage and know that they are not going to unfold until I turn the knob when I've reversed back out.The auto dipping function in reverse is great. Really helps see the road by the rear wheel for parking close against a kerb, without scuffing the wheels. Now I really do think that is all the options
Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Mark!
I have the folding mirrors on the 'faulty' Q3 I had and, like many but unlike you, I was disappointed! Even as much as finding an aftermarket place saying that they could reprogram them (still dubious about that - how can they do it but Audi can't?!)
I had S Line model so it has a fair bit on it along with what you see in signature. Options I might add from advice and what I missed are:
Spare wheel(!!!! ;))
Led interior package
Hill hold
Colour Dis
Possible alcantara as I loved that on my old A4
But I'm also costing out a Q5... Sacrilege I know!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Mark

My mirrors stay in the normal position when in reverse. Would you know how to enable the auto dipping function as that would be really useful

Andrew

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Andrew
It's a feature of the folding mirror option and not the STD mirrors, just to be clear.
The knob needs to be in the position as if you were going to alter the passenger mirror for it to work. Once this is done engage reverse and then adjust the mirror down to show the curb area and that should be it. If you engage first and drive away your mirror should return to where it was for normal driving. Stop and engage reverse and the mirror should lower down again. Just remember to keep the know in the left of centre position. I've yet to try but it might work on the drivers side also.
Regards
Mark

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi SteveW - sorry for the delay in responding!
I was pretty lucky with the budget for my (company) car - so I went a bit option-happy!
Agonised over a few issues, like Sports Seats (I wanted comfort for a back injury I suffer with), Xenon lights etc, but in the end, I went for things to keep me amused during my long drives, and the Technology Pack/Juke Box Stereo/Sat Nav is a nice toy - maybe if I had my time again, for similar money, I'd go for the SD Nav and a sunroof instead to go with the lighter truffle/wood interior.
DAB radio was considered, but coverage in this area is really pants, so maybe next time....
LED interior lights are a nice touch - welcoming on these dark nights, the Heated seats are so nice at this time of year too!
Not so impressed with the Storage Pack - and to be honest, I'd forgotten about the auto-mirror thing for watching the kerb!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mark

Thank you for the tip on the mirrors, it all worked as describedThis is going to be a big help.

Regards
Andrew

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Andrew. I'm glad it worked. Enjoy. Rgds Mark

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dinkum said:
Mark67 said:
I've yet to try but it might work on the drivers side also
I tried this morning, it doesn't
I don't think this was ever supposed to work on the drivers side, just the passenger side.Opening the door is quite effective on the drivers side though

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi. I also tried and found it does not work. Just thought it might do, something left over from converting a left hand drive designed car to right hand drive. It's a shame that you have to leave it in the left hand mirror adjusting setting as I believe the mirror heating only workis in the central postion. I can see this little knob being the most used one on in the whole car (mirrors in/out, dipping, adjusting and heating).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's my attempt at photographing the LED lights for anyone who is thinking of getting them. They are adjustable through the MMI and independent to the dashboard lighting and they do turn off if needed. Please note that the photo shows the Bose speaker LED surround which is not standard with the LED pack on it's own. The rear doors are lit the same as the front. Overhead courtesy and map reading lights front and rear are also LED (bright white light), the boot light is not LED. I also noticed tonight that there are lighst under the front seats that light the rear passenger footwells (I guess that's
the Q3 learning point for me today).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's an excellent photo, cheers Mark

1 - 20 of 30 Posts