Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just got my Q3 with the led interior light package. Where exactly is the "uplit centre console" light? I can identify all the others, but not that one. Any thoughts welcomed

·
Registered
613 Posts
It could be the one in the "ashtray" cubby in front of the Gear Lever - I only noticed it tonight!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I think that is the "storage compartment in the centre console" and in any event is a downlight, not an uplight. There is no light in the storage box under the armrest, so it cannot refer to that. Remembering the furore earlier on this forum on the absence of the led'd on the exterior door handles, is this another missing light?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi AllJust looked at the current brochure and it says,LEDs in storage compartment in centre console (this must be what Jules refers to)also uplight to centre console.Ive not been out in the dark yet with my Q3,but will check tonight to see whats what.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does it mention the Lights in the Cup Holders?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes it does.QQ1 LED interior light package.Glare free illumination of interior lights.Includes,Ambient lighting strip in roof module,door sill illumination,exterior door handles,vanity mirrors,storage compartment in centre console and cup holders.Also features,lighting for door pockets,footwells,inside door handles,uplit centre centre console and door inner panels and active door reflectors.Wondering if Ive got any.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi WalI've just placed an order and joined the forum this afternoon. I've had a look at QQ1 in Edition 4.0 of the Q3 Pricing & Spec Guide and there's no mention of the exterior door handle LEDs.Oh, first ever forum post. I hope I've not annoyerd anyone already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Mark 67Not a problem,were very friendly really.Sorry my book has obviously been superseeded again.We know exteriors have not been available for some time,if they ever were.However we must all hunt down the rest!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mark67 said:
Hi WalI've just placed an order and joined the forum this afternoon. I've had a look at QQ1 in Edition 4.0 of the Q3 Pricing & Spec Guide and there's no mention of the exterior door handle LEDs.Oh, first ever forum post. I hope I've not annoyerd anyone already.
hi mark67 welcome to the Q3 forum hopefully we can help with any queries you have or you may even be telling us things we didnt know as was said before we are a freindly bunch , as long as you put piccies up as soon as you get yoour Q3

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi DaytonaThank you for the welcome. Deposit being paid today. Hopefully an indication on delivery date on Monday and as soon as I have it (her?) pics will be posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have just joined the Forum having recently bought a Q3 which has the LED interior light pack.
Does anyone know if it should have an LED light in both centre console cup holders or just one? The back one is illuminated but nothing in the front cup holder hole. Only a minor issue but of more concern to me is the dingy boot! Only one miserably dull bulb on the right hand side - very disappointing! Is it possible to have another light installed somewhere else in the boot? Maybe on the right hand side?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both cup holders should be lit.Probably a missed connection at the factory,your dealer should have checked though.Some on this forum have swapped the boot light for an LED bulb,which is apparently brighter.Not sure if a connection is available from the loom behind the L/H panel.If there was a retro fit should be pretty simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many thanks for this as that what I suspected. I have only had the car a month and felt from day one that dealers attention to detail was poor as they simply ignored my question and let the car go out. I did ask another dealer and they said it is normal for only cup holder to be illuminated! hmmmm....
I will change the boot light bulb though as that's an easy one to sort!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi cbsb
I dont get my Q3 until 1st March, I too have ordered the interior LED package because the car I test drove had it and i can confirm both of the centre console cup holders were illuminated.
If I were you i would be straight back onto the dealer to get it rectified immediately, I would also be emailing Audi HQ complaining about your shoddy treatment by the dealership.
Apart from that I hope your enjoying your new wheels

Garry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Garry, thank you for this response. I have emailed the dealer this morning so await a reply. I wonder if its to difficult to get at, as I can't see a way in to the centre console (mind you i'm not a mechanic..)
The car is lovely and everyone likes it but I had a 320D before this and the BM does seem so much more economical but its perhaps not the best time of the year to get accurate figs
My experience of three Audi dealers isn't marvelous in terms of their attention to detail and approach to me as a customer, and I'm sorry to say this as a new Audi owner, but I found BMW dealers first class in this regard and Audi has some way to go to match them (Yes I know some people will be saying their own experience of BMWhas been just the opposite!) - but the car is fine!
Good luck with your new Q3.

Regards
Clive

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi cbsb/Clive, I can also confirm that both cup holders/cup holder and ashtray pot should be illuminated. Your dealer is spinning you a line. Hopefully your experience will improve from here on in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi and thank you for this and to all others who have responded. I have just noticed a previous thread regarding the LED lights so it seems to be a bit confusing to others as well as this newbie!
If people are interested I will post what happens re getting my issue resolved re the cup holder light

1 - 17 of 17 Posts