Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I noticed the lights on my rear registration plate are LED but the auxiliary lights in the boot, glove box and reading lights are standard bulbs.

I appreciate if I had ordered the interior light package these would be upgraded but as I bought a stock car this wasn't an option.

My question is simply can any of the standard lights be replaced with led lights, and would this invalidate my warranty if I ended up blowing a circuit etc...

Also what other simple alterations have members done to enhance their vehicle. (I have already bought the chrome exhaust trim and trim for the front fogs)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the led package, but have upgraded the glovebox and boot lights with led bulbs. Over the weekend I have fitted two more led lamps under the parcel shelf, as a single light simply wasn't bright enough. These have been wired into the boot light circuit, so extinguish when the boot is closed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Can you confirm exactly which bulb will fit without the need to modify anything as I'm too scared ill brake something and he wife will shout.... Lots.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can anyone recommend the correct LED bulbs to use for the front side lights, I want to convert mine to LEDs but want to avoid any canbus errors.
Any pointers to an eBay link would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
100 Posts
Read back on the forum , there is a e.bay link to the exact bulbs , I did use this myself minutes to fit .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, has anyone with standard lights changed their sidelight / daytime running lights from the standard bulb to a LED bulb? If so can you please advise on where you got the bulb and if it works ok.

I guess you need to find a LED W21W bulb with internal resistor ( to prevent bulb error message ) but I can find these bulbs anywhere.... Help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not tried them but this should work

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...anbus-Wedge-Turn-Signals-Light/731810484.html

Or search "wedge bulb canbus" on eBay

Another trick is to leave out any led wedge you want to use in the headlamp, then scrimp a normal wedge bulb to the wiring and just leave stashed inside the engine bay.

I couldn't bear not having the led drl's in a new audi so I had to pay for them on my seEdited by: Daddy k

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the above I'll do a bit more research. My Q3 was a bit of an impulse buy so we bought a stock car at the dealership, therefore options were limited.

Incidentally, how much was it to have the LEDs fitted?

·
Registered
31 Posts
About £1200. Comes with the led interior pack too, so cupholders, doors etc all have ambient lighting to make it a bit easier to swallow

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Defiantly something to consider when the time comes to replace the q3, in the mean time back to looking for bulbs...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
A couple of members from another Audi forum used LED bulbs from this company - http://www.hypercolor.de/index.php?k=432&lang=engThey look to be very good quality compared to some of the e.bay offerings and they list a kit for the Q3 if anyone needs a full set.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
440 Posts
I suspect this old news to most, but I just changed the Park/ DRLs from incandescent to LED on my 2012 Q3 (after one of the original bulbs failed)
LED bulbs are really cheap now from Aliexpress, and as long as they are CANBus suitable should work. I had a slight concern because the single bulb is used for both park and DRL, it has a dim function to reduce power on the Park, which I thought would cause the LED to not work, but it works fine. :)

This is the place I got them from (bought and extra in case of future failure) . Yet to see longevity.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...196.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20464c4d2UTdn9

and this what they look like installed:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Daddy k: the aliexpress link returns a 404 error (page not found). Either the link is incorrect or the page has been removed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try searching LED T20 canbus. This is what the bulbs look like:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts