Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's just taken the little one out and come home moaning!
She left the babies door ajar and it doesn't make a warning chime just comes up in display. Is this consistent with everyone else's vehicle? Manual says it's just a warning lamp that comes on.
I tend to agree that along with the 'lamp', a chime would be very useful.
I've checked MMI and can't find set up to change it. Am I going to have to get the coding amended? (Like my silly 'automatic' wing mirrors!)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would have thought you would only get the chime when on the move, did you get no audio warning when driving? I get the picture in the display butI'venever had the car in motion with the door ajar to see if it makes a warning chime?
There is a picture of the car with a big red door on it however which is pretty hard to miss.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SteveW said:
Am I going to have to get the coding amended? (Like my silly 'automatic' wing mirrors!)
I'm not aware of an option in the coding to cause chiming if a door is not closed properly.

Did you manage to get your wing mirrors coded to fold on locking? (I assume this is what you mean) If so, how and who did it for you? It's probably a irritation for all of us with electric folding mirrors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reisab - yes on the move, just get the visual display.
Dinkum - vwcruise have advised me that it's possible for the door mirrors to fold on locking and have quoted £30. Fortunately they're not even 10 miles away from me which is handy.
I'll ask them about the chiming for the door as well as they seem pretty handy ;)
Here's their email reply
"Thanks for your email, yes the autofolding mirros when locking and unfold when ignition on can certainly be coded, however unfortunately this cannot be selected through the MMi.
Its either on or off via diagnostics coding only, this will cost £30 + VAT and we will need the vehicle brought to us for this."

·
Registered
59 Posts
SteveW said:
Dinkum - vwcruise have advised me that it's possible for the door mirrors to fold on locking and have quoted £30. Fortunately they're not even 10 miles away from me which is handy.
I'll ask them about the chiming for the door as well as they seem pretty handy ;)
Here's their email reply
"Thanks for your email, yes the autofolding mirros when locking and unfold when ignition on can certainly be coded, however unfortunately this cannot be selected through the MMi.
Its either on or off via diagnostics coding only, this will cost £30 + VAT and we will need the vehicle brought to us for this."
Interesting. They fitted the cruise control for me about 2 months ago and I asked them to do the folding mirrors at the same time. They tried but couldn't find the setting or get it to work.

I'd be interested if you had it done and got it working.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take this up with them as I don't want a wasted journey. Thanks for advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts